Weekend Snapshots

Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  Just popping in to share a few pictures from our relaxing weekend.  We started it with another Lowes' Build and Grow Clinic.  My kiddos just LOVE 'em!  Plus, this time, they got to pick something out of the projects they sell in the store, because they had already made this week's assigned project.  Somehow, the last one got lost along the way, and they thought they'd find it before this week and just swap the two; but evidently, they never found the other project.  So, Ezekiel picked a top table...
and Adina picked a race car.  Hers was much easier to make.  So, she had plenty of time to test it out, while Ezekiel was busy hammering away.
I also had to throw in a couple of Adina riding "Henry" at our local HyVee.  It's a must do event on every trip to the grocery store.  Fortunately, it doesn't cost a thing!
Ezekiel seemed to be doing lots better.  But just running a couple of errands must've wore him out, because he crashed again in the afternoon, which made me a little leery of taking him to church on Sunday.  I really wanted him to be able to finish off a great week of swim lessons.  Tonight is also his last night of baseball, and he didn't want to miss it for the world.  So, I kept him home, and my hubby took Adina.  I think Ezekiel enjoyed the peace and quiet ;).  I know I did!  LOL!  Plus, it gave me time to whip up a loaf of French bread and a PBJ Chocolate Cake, courtesy of Paula Deen, (Yep!  PBJ stands for what you think it stands for... Peanut Butter and Jelly.  There's grape jam and chocolate ganache between the layers of cake, and the frosting is made with peanut butter.  Mmmmm!)  to pair with a spinach lasagna, for a special dinner.
Some sweet, long-time friends came through town on their way to visit family; and we were fortunate enough to be blessed with a little time with them and their kiddos, Isabel and Aidan.
They even got to come to Ezekiel's swim lesson this morning and play in the park with us, before they were back on the road.  Enjoy your time in Minnesota, Daniel and Esther!  We love you all!
Finally, I couldn't resist throwing in these pics of my little bird watchers.  The birds were out in full force, and in the heat no less, this weekend.
That's the long and short of it, folks!  I'll be back on track with a little, papercrafted something-something to share tomorrow.  Until then, I'm off to fold another load of laundry.  Have a blessed start to your work weeks!  Hugs!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend filled with lots of family time and friends too. Perfection.

Annette said...

always so sweet...thanks for sharing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad he is feeling better!! LOVING the photos... looks like a great weekend!! And the "she" lo I posted the other day... that was the first week lo that was supposed to go live from the email discussion we had while I was at work *wink* :)

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh can you send me a piece of that cake Jinny? LOL Glad you had such a good visit with your friends and that Ezekiel is feeling better. I don't know if our Lowe's does the Build an grow thing or not, but it sure is a cool idea. Have a great week!

Tracey Sabella said...

Oh, what a fun family fun filled weekend. Love seeing all the happy moments and can't wait to see these scrapped!! Glad Ezekiel is on the mend. Hope you and your precious family have a blessed week! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/