Family Update

Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  What a whirlwind of a couple of weeks we've had around my house, especially with the start of school and all the stamp company releases going on right here on my blog.  I hope you were able to soak up everything involved in each and every release and have already had some time to enjoy a few of your own new goodies.  Anyway, while all that was going on, we also were uber blessed with tickets to cheer Sporting KC to a win against DC United!
It was mine and Adina's first time to Livestrong Sporting Park, but BJ and Ezekiel have been one other time in June.  There was a lot going on back then, too.  So, I never got around to sharing those pics, with you all, either.
The night before the game, it was simply beautiful outside.  Matter of fact, if we didn't have tickets already, we would've gone camping that weekend.  But alas, it just didn't work out for us.  So, my hubby set up the tent, and he and my kiddos had their own little camp out right in our backyard.  I was so tired and wanted a good night's rest.  Plus, my hubby and I have a double air mattress which is super comfortable until he gets on it.  He displaces so much air, that I feel like I'm sleeping on rocks.  Ugh!  So, even though I love to sleep under the stars, until we can purchase a fourth air mattress or cot for myself, I opted to sleep in my own bed in the house.
Oh!  And guess what?!  My hubby won a brand spanking new Tablet!  Y'all, I cannot tell you what an answer to prayer this is!  With my son being dependent upon computer time for his lessons for the better half of the day now, it seriously limits computer time for everyone else.  Needless to say, I've been staying up late and getting up early to get some of my blog posts and projects, as well as DT assignments, ready for you all; when, in reality, some of the best time for me to be on the computer is right alongside him, while he's doing school, and I can be right there to help.  But there's just no way that we would've been able to afford even something like what we already had on one income.  So, praise the Lord!  He sure knows how to answer prayers above and beyond ;)!
This weekend, we got away, as a family, to do a little shopping.  We didn't come home with anything more than a couple of things I ran out of in my creative space, but we had such a good time!  We even got to make a card at Archivers.  I say we, because this is mine...
and here are my kiddos'.  Ezekiel's is on the left, which means Adina's is on the right.  And boy, are they proud of their creations!
Then, while we were enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon, listening to little drops of rain patter against our windows (We only got a 1/2 inch, but at this point, we'll take whatever we can get.  Woohoo!), my kiddos convinced me to bring all my childhood stuffed animals up from storage.  Storing them was an easy sacrifice to make in an attempt to make room, for my kiddos and their pets, in our 920 square foot home.  The critters only stayed for a little bit, just enough for me to tell all the sweet stories they brought to mind and for Ezekiel and Adina to pick a few of their favorites to add to their own collections, but you should've seen how excited they were!
Finally, I also couldn't resist throwing in a picture of our apple tree harvest.  I just couldn't be any more thrilled to get a total of fifteen, yummy apples this year!  If you're a regular follower of my blog, you already know that this is our first year to get any apples at all.  It was just a baby tree, when we planted it, but we're sure looking forward to the harvests only getting bigger and bigger.  It's always been a dream of mine to own an orchard, and while that may never come to fruition, this one little, apple tree sure makes me happy :).
Oh!  And remember those pickles we made back here, well, I'm not the biggest pickle fan, but they aren't bad ;).  Even Adina likes them!  Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by; and have a super blessed work week, y'all!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great weekend Jinny! The kids did a great job on their Archivers cards. Seeing Adina among the stuffed toys reminds me of the scene from ET where he's hiding among them in the closet! Your apple haul looks YUMMY ;)

Lynn said...

Your pictures are fabulous Ginny! Looks like such wonderful times. I'd be in my own bed too :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Looks like it was a nice family day at the game. All 3 cards turned out fabulous! It must have been nice to craft with the kiddos. :o)

Annette said...

wow what a great weekend....Love all the photos..and these cards are too fun...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great pics of your weekend!!! I loveeeeeee soccer!!! And I don't blame you about the camping out... I would be the SAME way and stay inside!! LOL!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such lovely family time you shared this weekend. You got some fabulous shots of both the team and your sweet family!! Congrats on the beautiful, luscious apples!! Praying that you have many more in the years to come!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Colleen Dietrich said...

I enjoyed reading this post so much, Jinny. :) You are one of the sweetest women I know, and I you are one of my favoritest friends, even though we never met. :) When you tell stories like this, I get to know you better and that makes my heart happy.