MSS: Love This

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hey, y'all!  I'm so excited to be here with my first feature over at the Market Street Stamps Blog, showing off lots of goodies from the Online Shop!  You can find the complete stamp list and their links in my {Supplies & Tools} section at the bottom of this post.  Check it out!
I started this layout by stamping a piece of ink distressed, Always Artichoke cardstock, in Old Olive ink, with the notepad background and a piece of ink distressed, Oatmeal cardstock, in Tangerine Tango ink, with the houndstooth background.  I then used them to flank my photograph which had been adhered near the center of the sanded, "LOVE THIS", cardstock, base page.  I then adhered a couple of Ormolu tags near the top left corner of the layout and machine stitched, with black-threaded, messy stitches, around the edges of the entire page...
before having fun with all the fabulous, circular elements from Nuts About Nature.  A couple were stamped in Old Olive ink; a couple more were stamped in Jet Black ink and glittered; and another one yet was embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder.  Lots more circular embellishments, including blue gemstones; chipboard buttons, laced with hemp twine; and a tin pin, dress up the whole design.  I also stamped the echoed, "LOVE THIS" title, in Jet Black ink, in amongst those circles.
A strip of Very Vanilla cardstock was then stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the alphabet background; adhered, at an angle, just to the right of my photograph; and flanked, down its right side, with a strip of yellow, flocked, star transparency.
I then anchored a vellum circle over them, with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches; secured a couple lengths of hemp twine with staples and tied them in a double bow; and threw in a little length of bright pink ric-rac, before topping the center of the circle with a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock, camera, which had been colored in with colored pencils and mineral spirits, hand cut out, and dressed up with a little Crystal Effects for the lens and glitter for the flash.
Finally, I added a punched, from heart, patterned paper, photo corner in the top left corner of the photograph and a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a yellow, polka dot, patterned paper and hand cut arrow in its bottom left corner...
and used the stamped houndstooth to journal, There's just nothing like a new toy!  February 26, 2012.
Further inspiration for this layout came from PageMaps' Riddle Me This: Blog Refresher Sketch Contest...
and Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #10.
Thanks so much for stopping by, y'all!  Be blessed! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Notepad, Houndstooth, ABC Background, My Thoughts Exactly - arrow & "LOVE THIS", Nuts About Nature - circles, & Make a Memory - camera (MSS) Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, & heart (SU); White & Oatmeal (Wplus9); "LOVE THIS" (Core'dinations); vellum (Paper Studio); yellow polka dot (American Crafts); yellow flocked star transparency (Fancy Pants) Ink: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Corner punch, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, & Melon Mambo embossing powder (SU); blue gemstones (Want 2 Scrap); pennants (Ormolu); chipboard buttons (Studio Calico); tin pin (October Afternoon); staples & stapler (office supply store); hemp twine (May Arts); ric-rac (Hobby Lobby); circle template (Fiskars)

14 comments:

Annette said...

wow wow wow...you are so full of creativity...this layout is awesome..love the photo and all the amazing detail you put into your projects...

Happy Thursday.

Pam Pritzl said...

seriously awesome, Jinny! I have a TON of stamps and rarely use them ... I need to take inspiration from your page and try to use them more often! I love your take on the CMS color combo also ... thanks so much for sharing your beautiful LO with us over at Color Me Scrappy!!

Lisa Haiss said...

The title of this page pretty much says it all... Love This. This page is fabulous. I think the way you describe each step of your process is also wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at Color Me Scrappy (again)!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous LO!! Love the stitching and amazing attention to detail here!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Another page full of sweet elements and fun details! Very cute Jinny. Love the photo of you taking a photo of you ~ hehe!!

Lynn said...

Your layouts truly inspire me. I'm taking tomorrow off and hoping to get some pages for the boys books done. I'll definitely be hopping over to your site for all kinds of gorgeous inspiration!

Sarah Elliott said...

I have to agree with everyone's comments. Such a truly amazing layout and I love it! Thanks for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

Charlene said...

Hi Jinny!!! Cute page! All the details are so cute!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful layout! I must sound like a broken record, but I always marvel at your details!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photo, the colors and love love love the banner!!!!!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I love this layout....great details. cherry

Sarah said...

This is awesome! I love the bingo cards in the background and that fun camera!

Stephanie Stanton said...

Another amazing page Jinny! The paper you picked is awesome and I am so excited to be inspired I have the same paper and have not used it yet! Great work and thanks for playing with CMS

Christina Collins said...

Wow! Just gorgeous work!
I love the little cluster with the camera and vellum circle. Thank you for playing along with CMS!