Papercraft Star 108: Fair or Carnival

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my Paper Sweeties: Release Party post(s), please scroll down.

It's time for another fabulous challenge from Papercraft Star, specifically Challenge 108: Fair or Carnival, where we'd like to see you include something from the fair or carnival in your creation.  Here's where this challenge led me.
I started this card by trimming the left side of a piece of multicolored, number, patterned paper with a die-cut and ink distressed strip of white cardstock, as well as a piece of lime, gingham, patterned paper.  I then fastened a length of red, stripe, Washi tape just to the right of the die-cut, cardstock strip, before adhering the prepped piece to the kraft, cardstock, card face and machine stitching, with navy-threaded, straight stitches, a double frame around the edges of the patterned paper piece.
A length of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon was then wrapped, vertically, around the card face, between the Washi tape and die-cut, cardstock strip; tied, in a bow, near the top edge of the card face; and embellished with a crystal button, laced with a duet of Baker's Twine bows.
I then adhered a Big Top, cardstock sticker, with foam tape, in its respective location and flanked its right side with a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a die-cut, from vellum, scalloped oval, frame, which was filled in with the stamped, in Jet Black ink, Ring Master and dressed up with clear gemstones.  A yellow, glitter, star, cardstock sticker dresses up the vellum piece's top right edge.
Finally, I stamped the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment, in Riding Hood Red ink, in the center of a die-cut from white cardstock; ink distressed; and stamped, in Night of Navy ink, with the banner frame, banner and adhered it, with foam tape, to the card face.
Now, it's your turn!  Here's your inspiration pic to help get you started.
You have until Monday, August 20, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above, in order to be in the running to win digital sheets from our permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.  Please also be sure to use that link to check out what the rest of the girls have been up to.
I'm also sad to say that this is my final challenge as a member of the Design Team at Papercraft Star.  What an extra special group of ladies this team is!  I've never felt so welcome or supported by a team, as a whole, than I have here.  But with school having already begun and new commitments under my belt, I just felt like I needed let go of some of my loves to keep my priorities in check.  I know you all can understand.  Thank you, not only to our players but also to my teammates, for being a constant source of inspiration to me!  And thank you, to Jan, for not only making being a part of this team so fun and carefree, but also for trusting me, along with Rilly, to represent the The House Across the Bay brand!  You all will not soon be forgotten, and you can bet your buns I'll be by to check in on each and every one of you ;).  Love ya lots!  Have a blessed day, y'all! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Le Cirque (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft & White (Wplus9); multicolored number (The Girls' Paperie); lime gingham (KI Memories); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Riding Hood Red & Night of Navy (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scalloped Oval & Le Cirque dies (Wplus9); Large Scallop Edgelits, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, & crystal button (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); gemstones (Paper Studio); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); red stripe Washi tape (Queen & Co.); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); Big Top & star glitter cardstock stickers (Best Creations)

10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card Jinny ... so sad to see you go but I wish you every happiness and will keep checking in ... ♥♥♥

Tracey Sabella said...

Amazing card - love the stitching! I know you will be missed on the DT there. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the vellum, my boys had a great time at the fair last week...

Kara Lynne said...

So many wonderful details blended on this card! Wonderful papers and colors. That silhouette captures my attention.

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful card as always, Jinny, perfect in every way. Good luck with your home school, been there done that as well. I will miss you on the team, but know that someone else will be enjoying your talent as much as I did. Have a wonderful rest of your summer!

Lisa said...

The ringmaster stamped on vellum is wonderful. Such great county fair colors, really cute Jinny!

♥Jan♥ said...

I think I will miss you the most - you are such a star. see the little tear coming down ?? You really have been such a joy and inspiration to me. Thank you so much for everything. (And I predict you will become one of papercraft's finest talents !) Hugs... and love --J--

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! LOVE the double stitching--I wish I could stitch like you!! LOVE the papers and the and the ribbon! AMMMMMMMMMAZING!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am sure the Papercraft Star team will miss you, Jinny. :) As always, you've created something extra special for a challenge, and I love that carnival barker in silhouette form.

Sleepy Stamper said...

As usually Jinny this is a awesome card! I am so super sad to see you go but will be eagerly following your blog to see your continued inspiration in your post. Wishing you only the best.

Big Hugs,
Anitra