SIT #88

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Note:  If you've come here looking for my Paper Sweeties: Post-Release post, please scroll down.

It's time for Sketches in Thyme's monthly two-pager!  Are you ready?  Let's just get started with my inspiration.  Shall we?
I started this layout by cutting a few strategically-placed circles, in the soft yellow, polka dot embossed, base pages, throughout the two-page design; backing them with color-coordinating, patterned papers; adhering two strips of coordinating, patterned papers, vertically, across both sides; trimming those strips, across their bottom edges, with a soft green, jagged, cardstock, sticker strip; and anchoring them all with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches.
I then matted my photographs with Whisper White cardstock and adhered them in their respective locations, before turning my attention to the left side of the layout...
which I began by stamping that yummy, dogwood image, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock.  I then colored it in with colored pencils; hand cut it out; glittered it; back it with a couple of hemp twine bows; and used it to anchor the top left corner of one of my photographs, as well as to highlight that circle cut-out.  A "FAMILY", cardstock, sticker tab, as well as a pinked, bird, cardstock sticker, round out the top of the design.
I then tucked a kraft tag, which I tied the string of in a bow, under the far left photographs and popped one, final, "you are my sunshine", cardstock sticker up with foam tape...
before turning my attention to the right side of the layout.
I began this side by clustering another dogwood image, as well as the cardinal image, both of which were prepared in the same way as above, around the bottom right corner of a wood, printed frame, which I used to anchor my "eating out" title, which was created from red, mini, block alphas.  A couple more cardstock stickers, as well as a duet of hemp twine bows...
give way to the perforated kraft sheet, which I used to journal, After our hike through Fontenelle Forest, we went in search of the perfect picnic spot.  Not only did we find it, but we also discovered this gorgeous lake and lookout.
A "NOTED", cardstock, sticker pennant was used to pen my 07.25.09 date and completes the look.
Here's your Challenge #88 sketch to get you started.
You have until the close of the month, on Friday, August 31, 2012, to link up your takes, on this week's challenge, Challenge #87, and/or Challenge #86, which was paired with Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #9, over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog.  Please don't forget to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the Team A Mavens have done with this yummy sketch.  Then, the Team B Mavens will show off their takes next Thursday.  Thanks so much for stopping by to have a closer look, and have a terrific Thursday! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); White (Wplus9); soft yellow polka dot embossed (Bazzill); patchwork & black stripe (Basic Grey); soft green floral, yellow floral, & chevron (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); circle template (Fiskars); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); colored pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics); hemp twine (May Arts); cardstock stickers (Basic Grey); kraft tag with string & perforated kraft sheet (Jenni Bowlin); wood frame embellishment (My Mind's Eye); red mini alphas (Cosmo Cricket)

11 comments:

Annette said...

wow super cute photos and awesome layout...

Lisa said...

Beautiful Jinny! Love all of the fun nature elements you've added, looks like a perfect outing too!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the layers and all of the photos you got on the page! So pretty!

Jeanne J said...

I like that you got so many pretty details in that capture the eye but you kept things flat and easy to store to treasure later! Love all the color and the photos of your beautiful family!

Tracy said...

Wowzers! What a gorgeous double pager Jinny! you always have the most wonderful subjects and outings to scrap. Beautiful job! Hugs!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE this page!! LOVE the details--you always knock my socks off with your creativity!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the photos, the chevron circles and love love love loveeeeeeeeeeee the little cardinal!!!!

Victoria said...

An absolutely fantastic layout jampacked with creativity! I'm jealous!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous!! Love how you mixed the different chevrons/stripes/patterns with your fab stitching!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Charlene said...

WOW girl just stunning!! I love the pretty flowers and the bird! Your pictures are adorable and the design rocks!

Sleepy Stamper said...

What great photos Jinny. Love the different elements and the stamped dogwood. Everything looks like it goes together so well! Beautiful
Hugs,
Anitra