Weekend Snapshots

Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  I trust that your weekends were filled with a little rest and relaxation.  Ours just flew by!  But it was so great!  It started with finishing up another week of school.
I also sorted through Adina's wardrobe to uncover what still fit and what needed to removed to make room for fall.  If you can believe it, the photo below is what just doesn't fit anymore, and the bulk of it was handed down to us.  We have been so blessed!
Saturday morning, the kiddos ran a few errands with Daddy, as well as made a stop, by Lowe's, for another Build and Grow Clinic, so that I could get a few things done around the house.  The time went so fast ;)!
Then, Adina wanted to make pink Gloppy Goop; and I was happy to oblige, while we were waiting for the rain we were supposed to get.
Our weather people promised two inches of rain, but we didn't even get half of that :(.  We did get some, though, and my kiddos were out dancing in it and trying to catch drops in their mouths...
while my hubby was grilling burgers, and I was putting the last of our homegrown apples to work in an apple pie.
We rounded out the weekend, on Sunday, with a precious time with our church family.  It was our annual baptism at Kill Creek Park.  What an honor it was to hear the powerful stories of the lives God has and is changing!  Over 80 people, from our congregation, went down into the waters as a testimony to each story told.
My hubby is in the baseball cap, to the far left, in the photo above.  He's a pastoral elder at our church and was blessed to get to assist with the baptisms.  Before and after the baptisms, the kiddos got to spend a little time in the chilly waters.  Ezekiel is the kiddo closest to me, who was taking the picture, on the far left, in the photo below.
As soon as we got there, he disappeared with his friends...
but my little cutie was always within reach, playing in the sand.  She said the water was too cold, and I was okay with that ;).
After a late lunch, we came home to rest and enjoy the last few moments of our weekend.
I'll be back tomorrow and Wednesday with a little something papercrafty in nature.  Then, I'll be ending the week with a couple of DT assignments, as well as this month's Friday Faves.  I'll also be sneaking in a winner for my Bazzill Basics Giveaway.  Woohoo!  I hope you'll join me for all the fun :)!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific work week, y'all!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous pictures Jinny..and how wonderful to have that many folks being baptized. Truly a blessing.

Colleen Dietrich said...

It's so nice to see these photos, Jinny! Love how you braided Adina's hair. Beautiful!

The Gloppy Goop looks like stuff made in kid heaven. ;)

How do you find time to make that, and a pie, and a card, and do all the other things you do?? Do you sleep? LOL Hugs!!

Annette said...

ok first your kids are just so adorable...love the pink stuff...hehe looks like she had fun playing with it... awesome Church celebration...It is always so awesome to be see another get Baptized.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your recap of the weekend, I wondered the same as Colleen, do you sleep? So exciting to see the baptism of so many!

Tracey Sabella said...

We have so much in common!! I used to make that goop for our children when they were little. It was a favorite!! Lots of hand me downs over the years - such a blessings, and our nearly SIL, Andrew was just baptized last month. The weddings in October, so he'll be an official part of the family then. Thanks for sharing your weekend and I hope you and your family have a lovely weekend. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

What a great weekend you had Jinny! Love the pics as always and those kiddos sure make me smile! Now Adina's clothes can be passed onto another who will put them to good use. Looks like someone will be enjoying a little shopping ;) How wonderful to witness the Baptisms too.

Jeanne J said...

Looks like good times Jinny! I don't know how you find the time for all the beauties you make - maybe it is the inspiration you find around you. Life is good - you are certainly blessed!

Tracy said...

Ahhh that beautiful French braid in Adina's hair brings back memories. :-) Kara still likes to do her hair like that only now she can do it herself. LOL Another great set of photos for all your weekend doins. Hugs to ya Jinny!

Pauline said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend, and you made a yummy apple pie! Perfect!
I wish I could send you some of our rainfall - we have had so much this summer. Everything is green, but a lot of crops haven't made it. Here's hoping for a bit more rain for you and a bit of sunshine for us!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like you had a beautiful weekend!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee Adina's braids!!!!!