Wplus9 Aug./Sept. Release: Day 1

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hey, y'all!  You made it to Wplus9 Design's August/September Release!  Thank you ever so much for your patience!  We've got four, new, stamp sets, as well as five, new dies, for you all, this month, and they're all sure to make you fell warm and cozy and ready for fall.  Woohoo!  We could sure use a little of that cooler weather in my neck of the woods ;).  Today we're showing of Happy Harvest and its coordinating Happy Harvest die; and other than a little from an oldie but a goodie, Season of Thanks, that's exactly what you're going to see here on my blog.  Let's just dive right in!
I started this page by stamping the word "HARVEST", intersected by the stamped, "Pure" brand, both in Jet Black ink, across a strip of vellum and anchoring it, near the top of a piece of gray, polka dot, patterned paper, with brown-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A stamped, in Basic Black ink, "Happy Harvest" creates my title.  I then trimmed the left side of the prepped piece with a stamped, in White ink, with the leaves and die-cut strip of Island Indigo cardstock.
After tucking a brown, number tag under the prepped piece's bottom right edge, I anchored the prepped piece, to the orange, distressed, patterned, paper, base page, with brown-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.
I then adhered my photographs, which were matted with white cardstock, in their respective locations; tucked a "TODAY ONLY" tab between their connections; and used that tab to journal, KC Pumpkin Patch, October 2, 2010.
Another number tag was tucked in the bottom right corner of the photographs intersection and used to anchor my die cut, from white cardstock, elements.  The scarecrow and his hat were stamped in Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, and Daffodil Delight inks; and the wheelbarrow and its load were stamped in stamped-off Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and Chocolate Chip inks.  A duet of hemp twine bows adds my signature texture and completes the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from PageMaps' Fancy Pants Sketch Contest.
That's all, for today, folks!  Don't forget to stop by the rest of the girls' blogs to see what they've cooked up, just for your viewing pleasure, as well as the Design Blog for your chance to win goodies from this month's release.  We'll all be back, tomorrow, at the same time and place, showing off another, beautiful, stamp set and not one, but two, fabulous, new dies.  Until then, thanks so much for honoring me with a visit, and have a spectacular Sunday! 

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder 
and our uber talented Guest Designer, Maureen Merritt.  Please be sure to shower her with lots of love!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Happy Harvest & Season of Thanks - leaves (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9); Island Indigo (SU); gray polka dot (Authentique); orange distressed (Cosmo Cricket); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, White, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, & Really Rust (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Happy Harvest die (Wplus9); Large Scallop Edgelits (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); number tags (Elle's Studio); "TODAY ONLY" tab (Ormolu); hemp twine (May Arts)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny!! I love love love love the colors and THOSE PHOTOS are sooooooooooo precious!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Oh how adorable. What an awesome layout to highlight these gorgeous stamps!!

Elise said...

Oh, CRACKERS! {I lost my comment!} Anywhoo... I was POSITIVELY gushing over this LAYOUT! Going on and ON about how IMMENSELY talented you are... {!} How MUCH I was looking forward to seeing your cutie heads all surrounded with pumpkin beauty and fun... and CLEARLY, you did NOT disappoint! SUCH stellar use of this release! Honey, baby, sweetheart - YOU inspire me on TOO many levels to list! I love it! {YOU!} Thanks for sharing your adorable babies and AMAZING art!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE this! That orange paper is great and I love your take on the sketch! It's always so nice to see layouts on hops and sneaks - incorporating stamping into my layouts has always been a challenge for me, but you clearly have it down pat.

Maureen Merritt said...

What a gorgeous fall layout! I love your stamped vellum strip! Your whole scarecrow/wheelbarrow combination is amazing!

anya said...

I am going to have a really hard time waiting for the release! I couldn't have asked for a more fabulous fall-themed set! Jinny, the way you used the elements together (the scarecrow and wheelbarrow especially!) showcase it perfectly. How much fun - you did a spectacular job as always!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous page Jinny. So many awesome elements... great colors. Love the pretty harvest images! The siz-zag stitching looks fabulous.

Dawn said...

I always look forward to seeing your layouts during release Jinny! Particularly loving the "Harvest"-"Pure" combo. Just perfect!

Annette said...

such a fun layout...who doesn't love a pumpkin patch.. this is adorable.

Tracey Sabella said...

What an adorable LO!! Your stamping is amazing and love your stitching!! This scarecrow and cart are such perfect embellies for these sweet pumpkin patch photos! Thanks for your sweet and oh so encouraging comments my friend!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Jill Norwood said...

This is so beautiful! I am in love with the scarecrow and wheelbarrow! So fun for fall!

S said...

I came by from Pagemaps - great take on the sketch. I really like your fresh color combo for fall - so bright and happy - my kind of page.