Wplus9 Aug./Sept. Release: Day 2

Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's so good to have you back visiting for Day 2 of Wplus9 Design's August/September Release!  Today we're showing off both Quilt Cuts 1 and Clear Cut Stackers: Pinking Squares dies, as well as a Country Charm stamp set.  Although, you'll have to come back, tomorrow, as well as on group post day, to see what I've done with the stamp set.  Here, on my blog, today, it's all about those fabulous dies.  Check it out!  Oh!  And just for the sake of making the steps below easier to read, I've left out the names of both the stamp sets and dies in the text; but you can find them, as well as their links, in my {Supplies & Tools} section at the bottom of this, and every, post.  So, let's get started.  Shall we?
I started this layout by die-cutting and piecing together all those yummy, patterned, paper hexagons onto a 9" square piece of scrap paper.  I'm not going to lie.  It took me a very, very, very long time and started out as a 10-1/2" piece; but what a great way to use up those patterned, paper scraps.  Right?!  I think you and I both can think of a better use of my time than typing up all the manufacturers for those patterned papers below.  LOL!  So, if there's a particular paper that catches your eye, shoot me a line, and I'd be happy to share where it came from.  Oh, and you can bet I've got plans for all the hexagon edges!
I then anchored it, in the center of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, base page, with bright-pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches.
My photos were matted with white cardstock; adhered in their respective locations; topped with the "tummy time" title, which was made from yellow alphabeans and anchored with more bright-pink-threaded, machine stitches; and flanked by a cardstock, sticker tab, which I used for my Feb. 2009 date.
A "home", cardstock sticker had its right side dressed up with a die cut from Barely Banana cardstock and ink distressed toy duck, which was given a black, pearl eye and two, vintage, brad wheels.
It also serves as the foundation for my yummy, texture cluster, which includes an ivory, crochet doily; a die-cut, from Daffodil Delight cardstock, flower, which includes the edge this time and shows off another of the three dies that come with Quilt Cuts 1 and was flanked by a couple of stamped, in Lucky Limeade ink, on white cardstock and hand cut leaves; a teal, paper blossom; a blue, scalloped, oval, cardstock sticker, which I stamped, in Jet Black ink, with "3 months"...
a "my love" sticker; a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock, train, which was colored in with colored pencils and mineral spirits and hand cut out; and finally, a faux, chipboard frame, which was made from four layers of die-cut, white, cardstock, ink distressed, and glittered pinking squares.
That wraps things up for today, y'all!  But I'd be just tickled pink to hear what you think.  Please be sure to stop by and leave some love for the rest of this amazing team, and don't forget to run on over to the Design Blog for your chance to win goodies from this month's release.  Until tomorrow, happy stamping!  Hugs!

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder
Maureen Merritt, Guest Designer

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Kisses & Cuddles - train, Onesie Twosie - "3 months", & Ever After - leaves (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9); Crumb Cake, Barely Banana, & Daffodil Delight (SU); all patterned (just ask) Ink: Basic Black & Lucky Limeade (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: bright pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Quilt Cuts 1, Clear Cut Stackers: Pinking Squares, & Folkart Florals dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); "home" & tab cardstock stickers (Jenni Bowlin); yellow alphabeans (Jillibean Soup); crochet doily (Kaisercraft); blue scalloped oval cardstock sticker (October Afternoon); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); teal paper blossom (Recollections); "my love" sticker (K&Company); Dazzling Diamonds & vintage brads (SU); mineral spirits (Inky Antics); color pencils (Prismacolor); black pearl (Want 2 Scrap)

19 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, that's a lot of hexagons and I'll be looking for those negatives!! Love the flowers clustered with the doily and these photos are amazing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Jill Norwood said...

Jinny - Such sweet pictures! She is adorable! Love what you did with the dies and your whole layout! It must have taken FOREVER! Can't wait to see what you do with the leftovers! This is just gorgeous my dear!!!

Elise said...

Girrrrrrl! THIS IS AMAZING! You just KNOCKED the stuffing out of THIS release! I LOVE how patient and VASTLY creative you are! LOVE this piece... in too many ways to name! YOU are a rockstar, sweet girl - ROCKstarrrrrr!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...is this isn't hexagon love I don't know what is! Love your layout Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOODNESS!!!! This is beautiful! I loveeeeeeeeeee that hexagon background and love love love those precious photos!!!!

Dawn said...

Jinny, I love it all! But what really caught my eye was that adorable "duck" pull toy! So freaking creative!

Maureen Merritt said...

You must be one patient woman! The result though is so worth the effort!! Beautiful!

Tammy said...

You have outdone yourself here Jinny! What an absolutely precious layout!!

Annette said...

WOW this layout is OUTSTANDING...girl you are full of amazing creativity...LOVE everything about this...

anya said...

Oh WOW Jinny! Just wow!

There is no doubt that your poured your heart into this one - what an amazing layout. I am all over these hexagons. I am so glad to see these coming from Wplus9!! I can't wait to see what amazing inspiration you come up with using the leftovers! Love!

Cathy Weber said...

This is an absolutely unbelievably layout! I have been zooming in and out to catch all the fabulous details. Just beautiful...I love it!

Jean Martin said...

WOW! Jinny! You made the entire background from the quilt cuts die!!!! This is amazing!!!!!! LOVE it!

Suzanne D. said...

You are amazing!!! I can't believe you glued all those hexies down! It looks fantastic!

Holly Saveur said...

Amazing so much work!

DoBea A. said...

That looks like so much work, but turned out so awesome!!

Amy said...

Wow wow! Jinny, this turned out awesome! All the work and love was so worth it!

Lisa said...

Oooodles of cuteness Jinny! Lots of happy colors and patterns, But my favorite part other than your sweet baby girl!) is the way you've echoed her cute head bands with the doily and pretty bloom. Love it ;)

Helen F. said...

Holy Hexagons, Jinny. This was truly a labor of love and it could not have turned out more BEAUTIFUL! Love all of the elements on your LO and those sweet baby photos :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh my gosh! This turned out just beautifully. I LOVE the way you pieced together those hexagons, and boy am I impressed with your patience.
...It was so so worth it!!