Wplus9 Aug./Sept. Release: Group Post

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Note:  If you've come here looking for my MSSCC17 and/or Papercraft Star 107: Fruit post(s), please scroll down.

You made it, y'all!  Your Wplus9 Design August/September Release goodies are available, in the Wplus9 Design Online Store, even as this post goes live.  But before you're off to getting 'em with their hot, we've all got one more creation to share.
I started this card by stamping the quilt squares, in Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, and Pool Party inks, on a 4-1/4" square piece of Oatmeal cardstock, which I had ink distressed with Tea Dye & Antique Linen inks; adhering it to the kraft, cardstock, card face; and machine stitching, with red-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges.  And just because when I make fabric quilts, I always tie them off, I did the same, using white string, with my stamped piece.
I then wrapped a length of yellow, fringed ribbon around the bottom half of the card face; tied it, in a bow, just left of vertical center; and embellished it with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a duet of hemp twine bows.
The pinking square was then die-cut from felt; anchored, with more, red-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, over the ribbon; and embellished with the stamped, in Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Lucky Limeade inks, on Oatmeal, cardstock die cuts, apple, as well as the stamped, in Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, & Lucky Limeade inks, on Oatmeal, cardstock die cuts and glittered, sunflower pail.  Both of which were adhered with foam tape.  I cannot tell you how much I adore these sunflowers!  It must be the Kansas girl in me ;).
The "SO VERY thankful" sentiment, which was stamped, in Basic Black ink, just above the felt, pinking square, completes the look.  Isn't that font delish?!
That's all for this release, y'all!  But be sure you'll be seeing much more from these fall cuties, right here on my blog, over the coming months.  Thanks so much for all the kind comments and encouraging words you all have blessed me with this release!  I'm ever so thankful for each and every one of you!  Now, before you're off to pick up your new goodies, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to stop by and leave the rest of the team some love.  Thanks again and again, y'all!  Happy stamping!

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder
Maureen Merritt, Guest Designer 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Country Charm - quilt squares, Happy Harvest - sunflowers & pail, & Pretty Patches: Apple - apple & sentiment (Wplus9) Paper: Oatmeal & Kraft (Wplus9) Ink: Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Pretty Patches: Apple, Happy Harvest, & Clear Cut Stackers: Pinking Squares dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); white string & yellow fringed ribbon (Hobby Lobby); felt (Scrapbook Page); Pure Poppy button (PTI); hemp twine (May Arts); Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

19 comments:

Lynn said...

How cute is that sweet quilt! Love, love, love it!!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow there is just so much to take in ... such a fabulous creation Jinny ... I love it!

Lin said...

Jinny, I LOVE your card! It has everything that makes me happy! Cannot wait to get some of these new designs!

Annette said...

cool card...love all the patchwork...love the design...

Jean Martin said...

I just ooohed and aaaaahed when I saw this one Jinny! I totally LOVE your style. :)

anya said...

I just don't know what to say, Jinny. This is so delicious, I could eat it with a spoon! I adore your quilt pattern.. love the pinked felt square! So perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo beautiful Jinny! I loveeeeeeee the colors and love love love the patchwork design!!!

Elise said...

I am POSITIVELY dizzy from the goodness of this OUTSTANDING creation! Each and every detail just SENDS me, baby! You make Dawn's products shine MOST exquisitely, EVERY time you touch them! Bravo, sweet GIRL!

Lisa said...

LOVE the sweet homespun feel to your quilt card Jinny. Every little detail looks perfectly thought out and placed...FABULOUS!!!

Maria said...

A sweet lovely quilted card with little ties of twine! Beautiful image of apple and flowers, too! And, love the finished effect with the perfect sewing! Great job as always! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Stephanie said...

Jinny!! I LOVE this card!!!

Kerrianne said...

This is just DARLING Jinny! I love the sweet stitching and juicy details - you've made these stamps & die cuts sing with country delight! Love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Jinny! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! Beautiful design--love the stitching and details! YOU amaze me:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, Jinny!! What a fabulous card with such amazing details from the gorgeous stamping, & stitching, to the ties so perfect for this "quilted" card!! You can find the Donna Salazar Zutter Corrugated Board at Scrapbook.com It comes in different sizes. I have the 7 x 5 in size, perfect for a mat or die cutting. Here is a link: http://store.scrapbook.com/pp-zu-7616.html

~ Blessings, Tracey
http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tonya said...

Wow, Jinny, this is gorgeous. So creative! I love the colors and the beautiful details.

Thank you for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. It is always a pleasure when you stop by. :o)

Tracy said...

I don't even know where to start! The "ties" on the quilt are so much fun, just like a real quilt. This is yummy to the max Jinny. So colorful and cheery. Love it! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Jinny. The patchwork paper looks great... awesome stitching and images. :o) FUN, vibriant colors.

Helen Tilbury said...

Lovely card Jinny! Love the colours...thank you so much for the condolence message on my blog - I really do appreciate it :)

Charlene said...

This is super adorable i love it !!!