Shatto Dairy Farm

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Howdy!  Just popping in to share a few pics of our trip to Shatto Dairy Farm, with the homeschool troop, yesterday.  It was such a fun day, and other than the wind, we had the absolute perfect weather for it.  We started by tasting all the delicious flavors they offer, including Root Beer, Chocolate, Coffee, Cotton Candy, Strawberry, Orange Dream, and Banana.
Ezekiel loved the Root Beer!  It tastes just like a root beer float.
But being as Adina has a milk allergy, they humored her with tastes of Lemonade, Orange, and Fruit Punch juices.  Her favorite was Fruit Punch.
We then moved into the room where they bottle, if I heard him right, approximately 14,000 half gallons a day...
before moving on to the calf barn and getting to milk a cow hands on.
The last stop before lunch was where the cows are actually milked, twelve at a time, twice a day each.
Most of the faces in the group were new to us, as this is a new, for us, homeschool group, but there was one family that we know well ;).  With them, we enjoyed a picnic lunch, complete with homemade granola bars and time to play in the fields, before the trek home.
I hope you all are having a terrific week and gearing up for an even more fabulous weekend!  Thanks so much for humoring me with a stop by my little corner of the web!  Night!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Hmmm??? Some of those flavors sound rather interesting. I'm a pretty big root beer fan myself. LOL Looks like the kids had a blast. Hugs!

Lynn said...

Such wonderful pictures Jinny...looks like the perfect day!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!!!!!! Great pics from your trip!! Love them!!!

Maria said...

Very sweet photos...thank you for sharing!

Annette said...

oh my how fun...I think that is so cool they had flavors....to be a kid again..so fun...

Tracey Sabella said...

What a fun HS field trip!! I remember those days so fondly!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

Precious!!! I miss those days with my kiddos :(

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun day Jinny! Love Adina's fruit punch mustache!!