Weekend Snapshots

Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  I trust you all had wonderful weekends!  As always, ours flew right by, but it was filled with lots of rest and relaxation; and we always enjoy having my hubby around, even when he has church meetings and ends up being gone a lot for reasons other than work.  Him being gone still gives me some free time, away from our studies, with my kiddos, and that's always a breath of fresh air.  We finished up a week of house cleaning and did a little shopping Saturday morning.  Then, we all laid down for one, big nap.  It was just what we needed!  By then, my hubby was home.  So, we all had a yummy dinner together, and Adina got her first haircut.
It was so funny.  She kept saying that she wanted me to take off five gallons.  Thus, her holding up five fingers in the above photograph.  Fortunately, I didn't listen; because even though she didn't have five gallons to cut off, the super tiny bit I did remove, just to even up her ends, put her in tears.  She got over it pretty quick, though, and was proud to have survived her first trim, which most people wouldn't even notice.  She even whispered to Ezekiel, while I was snipping away, that it didn't hurt.  So funny!
Then, after church, on Sunday, we got a little lunch and went home to rest and watch the Chiefs game.  I even logged a little, creative time, before the boys were off to Awana.  We decided, last minute, to wait another year for Adina to join.  She's just so little still, and gosh, I sure love our Sunday nights together.  Call me sentimental, but I'm just not ready to give them up.
Oh!  And I've got a few pictures, to share, with you all, from our trip to the Kansas City Zoo, for the homeschool program, last week.  While Ezekiel was studying snakes, Adina and I made our way through Australia with friends.  It was a chilly day, but the rain held off until we were on our way home.
Then, we picked Ezekiel up for a picnic lunch with the kangaroos, before heading home to finish up school.
That just about covers it, y'all!  Now, we're back to another week of work and school.  Plus, we're looking forward to a field trip, to Shatto Dairy Farm, with the homeschool troop, on Wednesday.  So exciting!  Thanks so much for stopping by to check on us, and have an extra blessed, work week!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

LOL You're lucky. Kara gave herself her first haircut and then hid it under her bed. :-)Sounds like your homeschool group plans a lot of great outings. That polar bear looks like he could use a bath. I remember going to the zoo in Jackson many years ago and their's were green! LOL Glad you had a great weekend. Hugs!

Lynn said...

Oh sweet Adina...love the picture of her looking to the side with those big brown eyes, "I know your my mommy...but I'm still not to sure about this!"

xoxo so sweet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such sweet photos!!! Loving the photos!!! I love first haircuts!! I can soooooooooo see 'five gallons' being the title of your lo that you make with those photos!!!!

Annette said...

aww what a fun family...love your photos...I so love the zoo...I think it is peaceful...

Lisa said...

Awww this is so cute! I love that she whispered it didn't hurt!!! TFS Jinny ;)