Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hey, y'all!  I'm back, as promised, with lots of fun pics of our full weekend; but I just can't resist starting with this sweet pic of my baby girl all ready to head out the door for dance class on Friday.  She is doing so good this fall!  Her teacher even pulled me aside to say how impressed, with her, she was.  Being a homeschool family, it's rare to receive such praise, about my children, from another adult.  Needless to say, it brought tears to my eyes, not because it's dance, but because she is putting her all into something and being a blessing to another individual in the process.
And I know this one doesn't show much, but I just love it to pieces!  She's waiting for the mailman.
This was the weekend for our annual trip, to Pome on the Range Orchards, to pick apples for my yummy apple butter, and we had absolutely the perfect weather for it.  Unfortunately, you can really tell the kind of drought we're in, not only by the deterioration and death of many of the trees, but also by the size of the apples.  Fortunately, they still taste just as delicious as ever!
We picked almost 63 pounds of apples before grabbing a couple of apple slushes, having a picnic lunch, enjoying a little time on the play-set, and heading home.
After a power nap, I whipped up a scrumptious apple crisp for dinner.
We also made plenty of time to play this weekend...
and did a little grocery shopping.  Gosh, seeing it all laid out like this sure makes me feel wealthy ;).  And yes, that's a couple of throw pillows, hanging out in the background.  I couldn't resist the price!
I've also been spending a lot of time digging into this study.
Well, y'all, that sums it up.  I'll be back, tomorrow morning, with a sweet, Market Street Stamps feature.  Then, I've got a layout, using more of my September Jenni Bowlin Papercrafting Kit goodies, coming your way on Thursday.  And I've cooked up a fun Friday Faves to round out the week.  But that won't do it for the month, y'all!  A Paper Sweeties Peek, as well as the start of a stunning, Wplus9 Design Release, will be posting in the last few hours of the month.  I've got my work cut out for me, but I hope you'll all join me for the duration.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs!

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like a GREAT trip to the orchard! Sounds like you've got lots to do too! Can't wait to see what you have whipped up for us!

Lisa said...

Such fun pics as always Jinny. Our DIL LOVES apple crisp, might just have to whip her up a batch. We picked up some apples at a local farm market called strawberry apples...YUM!! I've never heard of them before but will be going back for more ;)

Annette said...

what a great little family trip...looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing...

Charlene said...

Hi Jinny!!

These sweet pictures make me smile! I so love seeing family pics :-)

Lynn said...

Such great photos...and I am smiling from ear to ear proud of Adena too :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such fun filled photos!!! I love love love love that first one!!! So precious!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Looks like a jam packed weekend once again for you guys. Thanks for sharing it with us Jinny. :-) Enjoy those yummy apples! Hugs!