Family Update

Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  It's been so busy around here with design team projects, that I haven't had much time to update on all that we've been up to behind the scenes.  But it's been busy, too!  A couple of weeks back, we went to Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art with the homeschool troop.  We went specifically to see the Map as Art Exhibition.  Unfortunately, they only let me take a couple of photos.  I'm not sure that I understood completely why I couldn't take more, but I also don't completely understand contemporary art.  LOL!
I was able to take all the photos I wanted of the rest of the galleries, though.  Here are some of my favorites.
We also attended a marriage workshop at our church.  We've been married eleven years and can always use a little tuneup ;).
You might remember that we picked apples, for the purpose of turning them into apple butter, back here.  Well, we got it done.  It took us nearly an entire Saturday and went something like this to make four batches or 41 pints in all.
And I just couldn't have done it without my helpers ;).
I also washed, folded, and hauled this load down to the consignment store.  Unfortunately, they only needed about one of those baskets at this time.  But a little extra cash can still go a long way to getting things done, like buying your son a new pair of glasses.  Yep!  He broke another pair.  Sigh.
Adina had her first visit to the dentist.  She sat next to me, on the chair, during my visit first and asked all kinds of questions.  The funniest thing was when she told the hygienist that she was brave but not brave enough for the hygienist to use the polishing tool in her mouth.  LOL!  I think the noise frightened her.  But she got up in the chair, when it was her turn, and did everything she was asked.  She's such a trooper!  And we all, meaning myself, Ezekiel, and Adina, came out with clean bills of health.
Then, this weekend, we were supposed to go camping with my extended family.  But with it being so close to traveling for my brother's wedding and our little getaway, we decided that it'd be wise to save our pennies for those memories instead.  But it also turned out to be super, stinkin' cold, which made our decision so much easier.  We so weren't prepared for the bite, though!  Matter of fact, we took my kiddos, to the Scarecrow Festival, to decorate pumpkins and were only there for about 20 minutes...
before we had to take our cookies to the car to warm up.  Brrrr!
Having some leftover Broccoli-Cheese Soup...
and a fresh batch of Gumbo helped keep us warm, too.
And I couldn't resist throwing in one more photo of Adina setting mouse traps in her bedroom, or at least, that's what she said those little, Duplo block squares were.  I think she's been playing a little too much Mouse Trap ;).
Well, y'all, that's just a little peek of what's been going on in my neck of the woods.  Thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a truly fabulous, work week!

8 comments:

Annette said...

wow those are all fun pictures...i am with you about the contemporary art. Don't get it.... that apple butter sure does look good. My mom used to make that and oh i could eat a whole jar. I have not had it in years.

Stacey Schafer said...

a new meaning to the term "busy mom!" love your pics:)

Tracy said...

Good grief! Do you people sleep? LOL Lots of fun stuff here. That apple looks amazing. Enjoy the weekend and stay warm. It was in the 40's here this morning. Brrrrr! :-) Hugs!

glorygirl said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun bunch of pictures! My faves are the art museum inspiration and your daughter's "mouse traps". LOVE the creativity of little ones :) My son was out on the trampoline this morning fighting bad guys and gaining super powers by some invisible something he was "forced to eat". He would totally understand the "mousetraps" :)

Lisa said...

Your house must have smelled absolutely delish with that apple butter simmering away!!! I made pumpkin pie Sat.evening for our dinner with the kids Sun afternoon. I almost couldn't contain myself that long because it smelled so darn GOOD! We woke up to 32 degrees here this morning brrrr. I want some nice fall weather. Not ready to go into the freezing ick yet!!! TFS Jinny always enjoy it ;) ~HUGS

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh looks like you had a FABULOUS weekend!! I love love love all the photos and I know first hand how AMAZING your apple butter is!!!!!!

Jeanne J said...

I still don't know how you get it all done! SO many great photos - you're not missing ANYTHING!

Marlena M. said...

Your kiddos are SO CUTE Jinny! Such darling photos~I love the inspirational ones too. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and comments friend~ ;)