MSS: Thinking of You Always

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Wednesday, y'all!  It's my turn, on the Market Street Stamps Blog, to show off just a wee bit of what these fabulous stamps can do.  And please don't forget that you can always find the links for the MSS stamp sets I use in my {Supplies & Tools} section of the bottom of my posts.  Well, after our vacation, I was itching to put together a page with this picture.  It's been sitting on my desk for almost an entire month.  I was just looking for the perfect inspiration to show it off, and I think I found it.  Enjoy!
I started this layout by stamping the ivory, cardstock base, in Daffodil Delight and Coral Calypso inks, with the argyle background and leaf images.  I then, haphazardly, layered over them a perforated, antique check, which was grounded by the stamped, in Positively Pink ink, slash marks; pieces of yellow diamond and spotted, turquoise, patterned papers, both of which were anchored with black-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches, respectively; a stamped, in Coral Calypso ink, with the dotted background, and ink distressed piece of Whisper White cardstock; and both a vintage, "PALACE HOTEL" receipt and lotto deck card.
The photograph was then matted with Whisper White cardstock and adhered over all previous layers.  The "Thinking of you Always" title was created by stamping the first part, in Jet Black ink, in the top corner of the stamped cardstock and hanging black, mini alphas, to complete it, from the stamped, in Jet Black ink, string banner.
A trio of chipboard people, as well as the heart, which was later applied to the center of the largest man, were painted with White and Vivid Pink acrylic paints, ink distressed, and glittered.  And a duet of hemp twine bows were tucked in behind the little man.
I then stamped the arrows, in Positively Pink ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut them out; and adhered them, with foam tape, in a circular pattern, surrounding the photograph.  A yellow, scalloped label, which I used to journal, {heart} my people!  02.09, and a bunch of yellow, enamel dots complete the look.
Further inspiration for this page came from The Studio's October 7th Challenge: Family, Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #14...
and ScrapFIT's Workout #78 Sketch.
Thanks so much for humoring me with a stop by my little corner of the web!  Stay safe, and be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: BabyBasics - banner string, Great Big Greetings - slash marks & "Thinking of You", Loopy Loo Polkas, Argyle, My Thoughts Exactly - arrow, & Growth - leaves (MSS) Paper: Whisper White (SU); ivory (Bazzill); dotted turquoise & yellow diamond (October Afternoon) Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Coral Calypso, & Positively Pink (SU); Jet Black, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); perforated antique check, vintage "PALACE HOTEL" receipt, lotto mini deck card, mini chalkboard alphas, & yellow scalloped label (Jenni Bowlin); yellow enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); chipboard (Maya Road); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); White & Vivid Pink acrylic paint (Anita's)

17 comments:

Lynn said...

This layout is beautiful Jinny...such a fabulous heart felt feeling it captures!

Lynn Le5 said...

Oh Jinny! I always look forward to see your creations. Another fabulous layout! I absolutely {love} it all! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! Love the little always banner and all the stamping!

Annette said...

wow amazing layout...love the colors and all the amazing details..

Colleen Dietrich said...

So sweet, Jinny! Love those glittery chipboard people.

Lisa Haiss said...

I want some of that yellow diamond pp. I'm in love with it! Your LOs are always so inspiring. Thanks for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

Lisa said...

Oh my but this is ADORABLE! Love those little chipboard people and all of your sweet elements Jinny. And would you just look at the rosy cheeks on those little pumpkins of yours...I could just pinch them ;)

~Tammy~ said...

More beautiful layouts! Love the chipboard people! Such sweet memories preserved!

Aimee said...

I love your take on this sketch, plus I love the colors! Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT

Tracy said...

Adina's expression is priceless. LOL She takes the cutest photos. Beautiful layout Jinny. I love the little stick people. :-) Hugs!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This is just totally gorgeous! Love the little people :-)

Diana Fisher said...

So cute! And I love what you did with the chipboard people!

Sandra said...

So sweet this page!I love the chipboard people and how you combine the colors!Thanks for playing with us at CMS!

Viji Siddharth said...

Oh so cute! Thanks for playing along with CMS! Love the chipboard people!

Laurie said...

What a pretty layout! I love the chipboard people! SO cutE!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable layout Jinny, love the chipboard family! Brilliant!

pysselpetra said...

wonderful fresh page and perfect finish ♥ thanks for playing along at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra