September Pubs

Monday, October 1, 2012

Hey, y'all!  Well, it's Monday.  And we're supposed to be off enjoying one of the last home games for the Royals, but my littlest decided to pick today, of all days, not to take her nap.  And y'all, she NEEDS a nap!  We've had a mess of a day!  Sigh.  Then, my biggest had the hardest time focusing on his studies.  On top of that, he has a cumulative science test tomorrow; and he CHOSE not to study this weekend, knowing that how he did, when we quizzed him today, was dependent on whether or not he'd get to go tonight.  He's having the hardest time learning that work comes before play.  Needless to say, the quizzing didn't go so well, and I couldn't convince my hubby to go without me.  So, he passed the tickets, which we fortunately didn't pay for (If we had, we definitely would've picked a weekend night.), on to a friend.  Why do we have to be responsible parents?  I'm so bummed we didn't get to go at all this year!  And now, I'm sitting here, exhausted from the woes of our day and ready to veg out in front of a new episode of Castle; but I wanted to quick pop in here, with just a few hours to go before Day 2 of the Wplus9 Design October/November Sneak Peeks, to share my September 2012 CARDS Magazine publications.  The supplies and details for the making of this first one can be found on pages 9 and 130-131.
And the same for the second two can be found on pages 29 and 45 respectively.
I'm also thrilled to share that this card received an Honorable Mention Cup of Tea in The Shabby Tea RoomThis one was named one of the Moxie Fab World's Card Design Handbook Week Challenge Winners...
and this pretty, little thing was a Winner at The Ribbon Reel.  Thank you so much to all the designers who made said such possible!  I'm truly such a blessed girl!
And thanks so much, to you all, for stopping by!  Have a wonderful evening!  And I hope to see you all back here in just a bit.  Hugs!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Tough love can be rough for a parent, but we all have to go there from time to time. Hope you have a better week. Congrats on your publications and wins!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

It's never easy... even when we think it will be a good day! :( Sorry my friend... hopefully the Monday's got out of their system and tomorrow will be better!! I loveeeeeeeee your cards!!! LOVING the rainbow on the first one!! CONGRATS on the pubs!!

Jennifer said...

Being a parent is tough, but it is the tough love that makes our kids stronger. My Sophie didn't nap today either and man is she a handful and a half when that happens.

Congrats on your wins, mentions and publications! Your cards are gorgeous!

Sylvia said...

Congratulations on all your beautiful cards, Jinny! It is nice that you can do all this and still have time to watch Castle! I was right there with you watching. Your cards are really progressing with that gorgeous style you have found as your own. Have a wonderful Tuesday, keep playing the mature parents, it does pay off!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful creations ... many congrats on your wins and publications ... I hope you're feeling better today ... you're doing a good job ... just remember that!






Diana Fisher said...

Congrats on the wins and I absolutely love these cards! Those leaves and the pumpkin are so fun!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous, beautiful and delightful cards!!! Just love them all! Congratulations!
Hugs,
Jill

Sleepy Stamper said...

Love all the cards Jinny. I miss seeing your stitching on the cards over at the Papercraft Star but see you are still rock n' that thread in your cards!
Hugs,
Anitra

Tracy said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments! Each and every card is a joy to see. The one with the rectangular stitched felt panel really reached out and grabbed me. Stunning! Sorry you had such a rough time of it, but being that responsible parent will teach your kids priceless lessons for the future. You did good mom and dad. :-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Congrats on your pubs!! I really need to post my recent publications....I don't have as many as you! You are a CELEBRITY!!! SO FAMOUS:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

And AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAZING:)