Wedding Pics

Monday, October 29, 2012

Where, oh, where do I begin?!  We had such a great week, last week, together as a family!  But I have so many photographs to share and stories to tell, that I'm going to have to separate them between the actual wedding and the rest of our vacation.  So, stay tuned for vacation pics tomorrow.  Today is all about the wedding, and it begins with this gorgeous couple and a rehearsal of sorts.
Here's our side of the family's whole kiddo crew, minus one, all ready to get the show on the road.  From left to right, that's Deidra (my little sister's youngest), Adina (mine), Grant (my big sister's youngest), Ezekiel (mine), Hunter (my little sister's oldest), and Jenna (my big sister's middle).
My brother was ready to get started, too.  Here he is side-by-side with my Dad, his best man.
And while I can't say that I know all of these people, it was so fun to meet them and their families!
I couldn't resist throwing in another picture of the place cards I made for the rehearsal dinner...
along with the rest of the beautiful decor, that my big sister designed.
And don't you just adore my brother's cuff links?!
A picture of my cuties, with their gifts, gets us ready for the big day...
which began with lots of being ready and waiting around for the call from the photographer.
So, we started taking a few pictures of our own.
Ezekiel handed out the programs and led my Mom down the isle at the beginning of the ceremony.  I couldn't get a good picture of them, during the actual ceremony, without being in the way, though.  Sigh.  But doesn't he look so handsome?!
Then, came the big show, beginning with the lighting of the candles by my nieces, Jenna...
and Madison (my big sister's oldest)...
one last photo of my single, eager to be wed, little brother...
and a blessing from my Mom and Dad.
And, as is customary, it all ended, just as quickly as it began, with a big smooch!
The wedding was right in the middle of my littlest's nap time.  For a moment, I thought she was going to fall asleep during the ceremony.  She was so giddy...
but she even made it, through the reception, to eat a scrumptious, pumpkin cupcake.  Mmmmm!
She adores my Dad just as much as I do ;)!  And, below, one of Sarah's older sisters caught the bouquet, and my brother's roommate caught the garter.
 
There were only a few that made it to throw confetti at the bride and groom...
and watch them open their gifts, after just a couple trips around the block ;) and before leaving for their honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico.
Believe it or not, Adina survived it all, even without a nap.  Then, in the car, on the way to spend the night at my little sister's, which was about an hour away, she crashed.  Hard!  Big brother left, earlier, with his cousin.  He always wants to be with his friends now, that it's hard to get pics of him, too.  And yes, that's a rubon tattoo on her arm.  The thing just didn't want to come off.  Ugh!
It was such a beautiful day at a toasty 85 degrees and in October no less!  There's absolutely no way they could've planned that, even if they'd tried.  And I'm so glad they chose to share it with us.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and congratulations, Jason and Sarah!  We wish you all the happiness in the world and a long, blessed life full of love and laughter.  Big hugs!

12 comments:

Annette said...

aww what a gorgeous wedding...the bride is beautiful and her dress was amazing...they look so happy...your kids are just too cute..love your little man in his suit. thanks for sharing..lovely wedding.

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like a wonderful wedding! Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us!

Lynn said...

Oh Jinny...it looks like the absolute perfect day surrounded by so much love and happiness. Fabulous pictures of a wonderful start to their new life together!

Jeanne J said...

Looks like another perfect day Jinny! Love how you ended your photo shoot with your daughter napping!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous photos ... your kiddos are gorgeous ... Adina's dress looked fantastic! TFS

Laurie said...

I loved seeing all these pictures! What a gorgeous wedding!!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous wedding! Such a beautiful couple and family. Thanks for sharing =)

~Tammy~ said...

What a beautiful day! Gorgeous memories and wedding! You are blessed!

Lisa said...

Oooooh thanks Jinny for sharing! Looks like a wonderful time. I LOVE the bride's rehearsal dress...pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such beautiful photos!! Looks like a very magical day!!!

Tracy said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Congrats to the happy couple! :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

You go to a lot of weddings! LOL (compared to me) The bride and groom are gorgeous, and so is the cake and the little place cards you made. Elegant!