Wedding Preparations

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's getting closer to that time, y'all, and we're all getting more and more excited for the big day!  As is customary, one of the things my parents are in charge of is the rehearsal dinner.  So, my Mom asked if I'd make place cards for the tables.  Of course, the answer was a resounding yes; but then, I was given a few ground rules.  I needed to tie in the paper, under the pumpkins, on this centerpiece, designed by my big sister, as well as the color purple.
And while there may have been a handful of other stipulations that shall go unnamed (Doesn't she know not to limit an artist ;)?), I managed to get my creative juices flowing to put together these.
Here's a closeup of the bride and groom's.
My hubby's printer, at work, has settings for paper thickness.  So, I dived right into my Wplus9 Design, Oatmeal cardstock for the foundation (LOVE this stuff!) and printed the names in the closest purple I could find to the candles and leaves on the centerpiece above.  I then cut them into 4" x 3-1/4" rectangles, with the printed names just above center of the front flap, once they were folded, before clear embossing the pumpkin image right over the names themselves.
I then adhered a strip of that necessary, black, damask, patterned paper across the bottom edge of the place card; notched the edges of the card, right between the connection of the patterned paper and cardstock; and wrapped a length of hemp twine, horizontally, around it, before tying it in a bow and embellishing its center with a mini pearl.
My big kiddo gets to help, with the wedding, as a Junior Usher.  So, he'll be all decked out in a tux, just his size.  But my little kiddo doesn't get to be in this one, and boy, was she disappointed.  She knows exactly what she's missing, too; since she got to be a flower girl in my sister-in-law's wedding.  So, to make up for it a little, I promised to make her a new dress.  The colors of the wedding are purple, rust, black, and cream.  I may have to throw a little purple pin on her dress, but black and cream seemed the way to go.  Here's what she'll be wearing.
And the thing I may love most about it, besides the fact that she got the pockets she asked for ;), is that the gingham ruffle, across the bottom, is a slip dress that can be worn all by itself, when the weather turns warmer.
I also convinced her to do a little, photo shoot for me, even though she was being grumpy as a bear.  Gosh, I wish she'd realize how much she needs those afternoon naps.  She's so quiet and peaceful and just lies still in her bed.  So, at least, she's resting; but you can easily tell that she hasn't slept, just as soon as I open her door.  Plus, she's perfectly honest, with me, about it, too :).  Critter!
But isn't she beautiful?!  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a wonderful Wednesday, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sweeties Wagon (Paper Sweeties) Paper: Oatmeal (Wplus9); black damask (Paper Studio) Ink: watermark (VersaMark) Other: 1/16" Handheld Circle punch, clear embossing powder, & embossing gun (SU); pearls (Paper Studio);  hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

10 comments:

Annette said...

aww how sweet...you did a great job and your little one is always so totally adorable...

Lynn said...

Oh Adina looks so adorable! Her dress is so cute! I love the pictures...you could use it for a lot of occasions (a red sash for Christmas :))! And the place cards are fabulous. I love the damask and the sweet little embossed pumpkins.

Lisa said...

Business out of the way first...the place cards are perfection Jinny!

Now about this dress. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! How fantabulous is this girl!!! Love the fabric and the little slip dress underneath. Adina is a doll and you can tell she's the happiest when she got to put the elephant in the requested pocket ;)

Tammy said...

Beautiful Jinny! The place cards are perfect for the center pieces, and Adina's dress is fabulous! You're super multi-talented! Wishing your family all the best during this special occasion!

Ruby said...

Oh the place cards are fab and Adina looks just gorgeous in her little dress! I agree with Tammy, you're super multi-talented!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love love love the place cards and her dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! She is just sooooo stinkin' cute cute cute!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness what a clever Mama you are!! This dress is so pretty!! ... But you know that little angel of yours is so gorgeous that she would look good in anything!! Beautiful place cards and beautiful photos ...

Tracy said...

I love how you've created the place cards. They're absolutely perfect. Elegant, simple and so very pretty just like Adina's dress. That grumpy face cracks me up. Hugs!

~Tammy~ said...

Ok seriously my jaw just drops every time I stop by! The place cards had me drooling and then the dress....oh yes that precious dress! You are such a wonderful mama, and I just don't know how you do all that you do and teach too! Seriously. no really seriously!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE your place card design!! OMG, I hope you'll share wedding pics!! I can only imagine how AWESOME it will all look!! LOVE that CUTE dress and so FUN to be able to use them as seperates too!! =) She a BEAUTIFUL little lady~~I love that last shot!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)