Wplus9 Oct./Nov. Release: Day 2

Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome back to Day 2 of Wplus9 Design's October/November Release peeks!  Today I'm showing off Iconic Christmas.  I also threw in a little of the new Clear Cut Stacking: Stars die, but I promise to show off more of each before the end of the week.
I started this card by stamping a piece of white cardstock, in Lucky Limeade ink, with the tree image.
I then silver embossed, over its lower half, the "good tidings FOR CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR" sentiment and flourish; trimmed its right side with a die cut strip of white cardstock and its left with a piece of red, designer, patterned paper; framed the piece with Ruby Red cardstock; and machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, the length of its trimmed, right side.
A length of white, scalloped lace was then adhered between the connection of the patterned paper and stamped, cardstock pieces...
and trimmed, to its right side, with a length of white seam binding ribbon, tied in a dressy bow and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a couple of hemp twine bows; a duo of jingle bells, laced on a length of hemp twine; and a die cut, wafer board star, which I crimped and distressed with a little Ivory White acrylic paint and a dry brush.  The entire, prepped piece was then adhered, with foam tape, to the kraft, cardstock, card face, to complete the look. 
I'm also linking this beauty up to Do You Stack Up's Challenge #91: Scallops and Dynamic Duos' Challenge #22: Mix and Match Week.
That covers it for today, y'all; but don't forget to stop by the design team's blogs, if you haven't done so already, for lots more where this came from.  And thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

Anya Schrier, Guest Designer
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Iconic Christmas (Wplus9) Paper: White, Kraft, & wafer board (Wplus9); Ruby Red (SU); red designer (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Lucky Limeade (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Clear Cut Stackers: Stars die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); white lace & jingle bells (Hobby Lobby); Pure Poppy button (PTI); hemp twine (May Arts); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Ivory White acrylic paint (Folkart); silver embossing powder, embossing gun, & Finishing Touches Edgelit (SU); paper crimper (Fiskars)

27 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous card!

Lynn said...

Gorgeousness! Love the fonts on the sentiment!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Loving this release from Dawn and I love that you included some jingle bells!

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely beautiful cards again today Jinny :) x

Kerrianne said...

Jinny...you are going to have "Jingle Bells" stuck in my head all day long! WOW-WEEE just a beautiful nod to these stamps! Love it!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous! what more can I say

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS Jinny!! I love love love the tree, the bells and that lace!! You are AMAZING!!!

anya said...

So perfectly Christmasy! I love the sentiment over top of the tree. And the bells, and the star, and the lace!! LOL! Love it ALL! I have to go back and watch your bow-tying video again, cause I have serious bow envy. So good, girlie, so good!!

Susan said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love those bells on there, too cute!

WencheP said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jean Martin said...

Jinny this is wonderful! Absolutely brilliant Christmas card! Love what you did with the sentiment too. Beautiful! :)

Anni said...

Great card! Love all the texture you added!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Linda Beeson said...

It makes me so happy to read about new Wplus9 stamps since that is one of my favorite companies right now!!! LOVE your card.

Lisa said...

Jinny this speaks a warm and cozy Christmas to me. Love the star and jingle bells tucked into your pretty bow. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful Jinny! I love the design, and the corrugated cardboard star!! The lace is fabulous too!

Annette said...

wow I love how you embossed the sentiment and those added bells are fabulous...great design..

Jill Norwood said...

Jinny this is gorgeous! Love the embossed sentiment and all the details! I cannot wait to see more of this release I think it is going to be over the top incredible!!! :)

Barb said...

This is beautiful! I love the decorative scalloped border and pretty ribbon...the bow is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at DYSU!

Betty said...

Beautiful card! Love the embellishments! Thanks for sharing!

Sleepy Stamper said...

OH I love the bright colors of this card and the sentiment looks great! I have to keep my eye on this stamp set.
Anitra

Sherry Butcher said...

The scalloped border, bright colors and sentiment makes the on great card. TFS

Tracy said...

The colors are so vibrant on this card. I just bought a bag of bells to play with on my cards. Hope mine will look as cute as yours. :-)

Karen Aicken said...

Such a pretty card, although I don't know how you will mail it! So many nice details, but I especially like that little star tucked into your cluster. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week.
Cheers, Karen

Pauline said...

Such a stunning Christmas card Jinny!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Kim Ryden said...

Meant to tell you last night that I REALLY like this card! Good work!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

STUNNING! I love the colors and that tree with the sentiment on top! BEAUTIFUL!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Jinny, you have such great style with your cards.