SIT #92

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Welcome to Sketches in Thyme's first sketch of November!  It's so good to be back after a couple of weeks off and with new Mavens to boot!  Please join me in welcoming eight, uber talented designers to our Design Team.  It's so good to have each and every one of you, ladies!  And just in case you missed it, we've got a Top Three for October, too!  Woohoo!  Congratulations, ladies!  Now, on to my take on this week's sketch.
I started this layout by cutting a large circle from the left end of a piece of aqua, medallion, patterned paper; stamping its right end, in Jet Black ink, with the text; and ink distressing its edges.  I then adhered it over a strip of navy, blossom, patterned paper, which was adhered, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches...
to the blue, flourish, base page with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A trio of template-cut, from blue-gray, star, patterned paper, circle rings stay with the theme of the large circle itself.
A perforated, kraft sheet serves as the foundation for the first half of my "you hold the key to my heart" title, which was created from mini, aqua alphas and Cricut-cut, from Very Vanilla cardstock, letters.
My photograph was then framed with Whisper White cardstock and flanked, down its right side, with a hand cut, from a template, out of blue felt, heart, which was anchored, around its edges, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, after tucking a stamped, in Baja Breeze ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, branch, along with a vintage, drug store label and stamped, in Night of Navy ink, on ledger, patterned paper, frame, under its top and right sides.  A Cricut-cut, from Very Vanilla cardstock, ink distressed, and stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the vintage, music background, flourished heart; "CERTIFIED FROM THE HEART", cardstock, sticker label; teal, paper blossom; and metal, key trinket, which was laced with a couple of hemp twine bows, round out the cluster.
Finally, I stamped the "February '09" postmark, in Jet Black ink, over the right end of the vintage, drug store label, to complete the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from Challenge Me Happy's Challenge #33.
And here's your Challenge #92 Sketch.  I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
That's all for today, folks!  Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions - leaf & Postmarked - postage mark (Wplus9); Vintage Music (MSS); frame (Jenni Bowlin); La Letter - text (Hero Arts) Paper: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, & gray-blue star (SU); blue flourish & aqua medallion (My Mind's Eye); navy floral & ledger (Jillibean Soup) Ink: Baja Breeze & Night of Navy (SU); Tea Dye, Antique Linen, & Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); circle template (Fiskars); Calligraphy Collection Circut cartridge & Cricut (Provocraft); heart template, vintage drug store label, & perforated kraft sheet (Jenni Bowlin); mini aqua alphas (lilybee design); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); metal key trinket (sei); "CERTIFIED FROM THE HEART" cardstock sticker (SU); teal paper blossom (Recollections); felt (Hobby Lobby)

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh those big eyes looking up at Ezekiel are beyond beautiful. The loving picture combined with the gorgeous layout makes my heart melt.

Lisa said...

Oh I agree with Lynn completely! And your sweet cluster with the felt heart, rose, key and twine is marvelous!

Annette said...

aww this is perfect..I love how you added the felt heart...so awesome..very clever..love it

Melissa said...

First, thank you so much for the warm welcome. So happy to be a part of the team!

Your layout is gorgeous - from the colors, the layers, the embellishments and stamping - all works together beautifully. I especially like the "negative" circle, great technique!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Beautiful and thanks so much for the warm welcome both here and at my blog!
Very excited to be a part of the team!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love that photo, the colors, the heart and the circles!!!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Jinny this is so beautiful!! My you are a talented lady ... I love your design ... the use of so many little pieces to create a masterpiece to frame that lovely photo ... the little felt heart is so pretty and your stitching is terrific!

Mel Field said...

Jinny - I just adore this layout - it is just so beautiful. I love the colours and that heart with the sewn edge is just gorgeous. x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Jinny! your LOs always amaze me--such layering and detail!!! LOVE this page!! Beautifully done:)

Maria said...

A very precious layout...stunning!!!

Sura said...

Hello, Jinny!
Thank you so much for visit my blog and for the welcome. I'm so happy to be a part of the team!
This LO is gorgeous! I loved the blue heart and all details.
Sorry for my English, I'm still learning.
Have a great day!
Surama

Missy Whidden said...

Gorgeous, Jinny! I love your design, and that cluster is so perfect! Such a sweet picture, too :) Always love your pages! Thanks for playing with us at CMH :)

norine said...

Lovely layout! Great design!! Thanks for playing with us at CMH this week!!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Great clustering and I love all the pretty little elements! Thanks for joining us at Challenge Me Happy :)