Three in One

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Good morning!  My kiddos are tucked into my bed watching cartoons, and I'm supposed to be making breakfast, but I just had to quick stop by to share a colorful page, of my cuties, I made this weekend.  Enjoy!
I started this layout by adhering a piece of red, woodgrain, patterned paper in the top left corner of a piece of ivory, embossed cardstock, which had been stamped, in Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo inks, with the vintage text and ink distressed; anchoring it with turquoise-threaded, straight, machine stitches; trimming its right side with a strip of distressed, red, diamond, patterned paper; and overlaying it with a bit of cheesecloth.  I then anchored my photographs, stacked one on top of the other, down the left side of the red, diamond, patterned paper and hand cut, from patterned papers, a few hexagons to fit some of the embossed bits of my base page.
The large, red, "6" and "21", journaling cards represent the date the photos were taken; ground a turquoise, "FAMILY", cardstock sticker, as well as a yellow arrow, which was punched from patterned paper and adhered with foam tape; and top the "10 Things I Love About You", journaling card, which serves as my title and was inscribed with the following, You're... so stinkin' cute, oozing with life, adventurers, energetic, full of love, curious, funny, not afraid to be yourselves, sweet as pie, MINE!!
A yellow, felt flower, trimmed with a Baker's Twine bow and backed with a pink, scalloped, ledger, journaling card...
and a "Just living is not enough.  One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. - Anderson", cardstock, sticker quote round out the right side of the design.
I then adhered a yellow, scalloped, date label, which was filled in with the June 21, 2012, date and anchored, along with the title card, with messy, turquoise-threaded, machine stitches, just to the left of the center photograph.  A few stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, and glittered dots, scattered throughout the design, and a little glittering, around the edges of the page itself, complete the look.
Inspiration for this layout came from Lasting Memories' Challenge #115 to stamp it, Scrap Friends' Colour Challenge Palette #7...
and Sketches in Thyme's Challenge #93, which I rotated 90 degrees to the left.  Surprise!  I got it done ;).
Have a terrific Tuesday, y'all!  I'm off to get that breakfast made.  Then, I've got some cleaning to do.  I did a little painting yesterday, and the tarps have got to come up, too.  Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the web!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mother's Day Bouquet - dots (Wplus9); La Letter - text (Hero Arts) Paper: ivory hexagon (Core'dinations); red woodgrain (Crate Paper); red diamond (Jenni Bowlin); pink text (Jillibean Soup); arrow, turquoise triangle, & yellow diamond (October Afternoon) Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: turquoise thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); 1" Circle punch, distressing tool, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); cheesecloth (Dritz); yellow scalloped label sticker (Jenni Bowlin); "FAMILY" & quote stickers (October Afternoon); " 6", "21", & pink ledger journaling cards (Elle's Studio); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); "10 Things I Love About You" journaling card (Pink Paislee); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); felt flower (Andrea Budjack)

20 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the turquoise stitching! What great photos too....it's nice to have kids who actually like each other (at least for now)!

Annette said...

wow great take on the sketch...super adorable photos..i so love your stitching...

vir"ginie" said...

very fun and beautiful, love your layout !!!!

Lisa said...

Superior job with the sketches Jinny! I've said it before and I'll say it again...I could just pinch their rosy cheeks...your kiddos are CUTIES!!!

The Bookin Room said...

I STILL haven't tried stitching on my pages! Always cheat and draw the stitching on but you have inspired me to give it a try! Such a great LO!

xoxo Charity LMDT

Lynn said...

Love their happy faces! Such a great layout Jinny! Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend!

Toni Herron said...

awww.. Yes, they are so cute!
Such fun colours! and loving all the extra elements you've got on the page too!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.. :)
Toni - LMDT

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooo fun!! I loveeeeeeee the photos, the colors and loving the hexagons!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Love these fab photos!! What a great LO to showcase them!! Love your layered embellies and hexagons!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Gwen Wruck said...

Look at you go! Love the colours and all the beautiful details. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Friends.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful LO ...your lovely children always looks to happy and loved

Maria said...

You have the sweetest most fun layouts! I so enjoy looking at them! Your children are adorable! Beautiful detail...love it!

Lizzy Hill said...

Really, really like this take on our colours at Scrap Friends...those hexagons look cute, too...great job:):):):)

Michele said...

What a glorious fun filled with color page!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this week! :)
Michele
LMDT

Haven_mom4 said...

Thanks for joining us at lasting memories. Such a cute and cheerful layout

Laurie said...

Amazing layout! I so wish we lived closer! Hugs!

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a fab LO! Love how you did that sketch, Awesome stamping! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOVEEEEEEE it!! I love color and this has it!!! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing with LMLC!!!

Tina LNDT

Sanna said...

beautiful page! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

Gina said...

just love how you've used the colours..super cute layout! thanks so much for playing along at SF! :)