Weekend Snapshots

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hey, y'all!  I trust that you're all enjoying your last few minutes of relaxation as our weekends quickly come to a close.  I just couldn't let another day pass without sharing what busyness we've been up to over the last few days.  We celebrated a little someone's fourth birthday with a new tee, announcing another year of wisdom; her favorite, homemade, macaroni and cheese lunch; owl cupcakes, which she also shared with her dance class on Friday...
streamers; balloons...
presents (The new coat is from Grandpa and Grandma, and she just couldn't be any more thrilled about her guitar from Mommy and Daddy.)...
and a trip, to the mall, to get her ears pierced.  Now, believe me when I say that I tried to convince her otherwise.  I'm totally fine with her getting her ears pierced, but I don't think she really understood that, albeit temporarily, it would hurt, and the last thing I wanted to do was inflict unexpected pain upon my baby girl.  I also wanted her to be happy, and she's been asking me for three months.  So, off, to the mall, we went.  She seemed a little nervous, but in the car, on the way there, I asked her one more time if she was sure.  She said, "Everybody be quiet.  I need to think for a minute."  LOL!  We happily obliged her.  Then, after a couple minutes of silence, she announced that she was sure.  I asked her if she was going to cry, and she said, "Of course not, Mommy."  She's so independent!  However, when we got there and she saw another, much older, young girl say, "Ow!", when her ears were pierced, she quickly changed her mind.  So, for now, she's going to wait.  But we didn't waste a trip to the mall for nothing.  We also went to Build-A-Bear to make her first critter.
A day of celebration was brought to an end with dinner at On the Border, where she was treated to a birthday serenade from the wait staff and a big plate of sopapillas, which she happily shared ;).  It was such a great day!
Then, on Friday afternoon, we had the opportunity to join the homeschool troop, at Arrowhead Stadium, for a Sports Lab, where the kids learned about nutrition and exercise and how to take care of their bodies, and tour of the stadium.
A statue of Lamar Hunt, who is, among a number of other prestigious accolades, the founder and owner, until his death in 2006, of the National Football League's (NFL) Kansas City Chiefs, proudly stands near the front doors...
just in front of the etched in stone "65 Toss Power Trap", which was the play that won the Chiefs the Championship in 1969.
Next, we got to see a lot of the club level area and check out the field from the broadcaster's booth.  This booth, which was built in 2010, makes the stadium eligible, if chosen, to house the Superbowl in 2013.  Although, my hubby assures me that this won't happen ;).
We also saw the practice facility from a bird's eye view.
Then, we we got to take the 50 Yard Tunnel to the Chiefs locker room, where we were greeted by this moving image...
and I just loved this quote.
This is how a locker looks on game day...
and we learned that it was bad luck to step on the arrowhead.  Matter of fact, the last time the locker room was carpeted, they cut around it to preserve its history.
Then, it was back to the tunnel and out onto the field.  That row of windows, at the very top of the last photograph in the trio below, is where the broadcaster's booth, from above, was located.  It's interesting to note that if plans were drawn up for a stadium like Arrowhead today, they wouldn't be approved for safety reasons.  Those top seats are extremely vertical and dangerous.  Although, they're form, along with the fact that the field itself is three stories below ground level, not to mention that the fans are WILD, earns it the title of one of the NFL's top ten loudest stadiums.  I thought is was also interesting, and quite alarming, that approximately 350 seats per game have to be replaced due to crazy fans breaking them.  Some of them are even broken on purpose with the goal of stealing them to preserve a memory.  Who knew?!
That just about covers it.  We also got to see all kinds of memorabilia from Chiefs history.  It was very exciting and moving to be there, even though I'm not the biggest fan.  Don't get me wrong.  I love football, although, I think I liked it more, before I met my husband.  I mean, I believe there is such thing as too much of a good thing.  The Chiefs just haven't been their best, as long as I can remember.  It's actually really kinda sad.
The rest of the weekend was filled with lots of relaxation, yard work, church, and preparations for a little something known as Market Street Stamps November Release.  Woohoo!  It begins tomorrow, and I hope you'll join us for all the fun!
Oh!  And I'm just thrilled to share that I'm a Cover Girl for the December 2012 Issue of CARDS Magazine!  Eeek!
Thanks so much for checking in on me!  Be blessed!

12 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Wow! On the cover?!?! Congrats girl!!

Lynn said...

Woohoo on being the cover girl! So happy for you and so well deserve. Happy birthday to Adina!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Adina!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee all the photos.... and she's a smart one... my Mom made me get mine pierced in the 7th grade and it HURT!! lol! AND HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATS on being a cover girl!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Annette said...

Happy Birthday to Adina...oh to be 4 again..looks like she had a great time with all the fun things mom and dad had planned.. super cute..

Big congrats on being the cover girl..woohoo that is so awesome..

Tracey Sabella said...

Congratulations on the cover shot!! So deserved!! Happy bd to your DD - looks like she had an amazing day and what fabulous cupcakes!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Miriam Prantner said...

Happy Birthday Adina! I love her face in the photos - she just looks so happy and so proud to be 4, and like she feels so special! And congrats on being a cover girl too!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous photos ... she is a little stunner! And CONGRATS ... a cover girl WOW!!!

Charlene said...

LOVE the pics!! Looks like your dd had a wonderful B'day!!!! Congrats on the cover of CARDS!!!

Lisa said...

YUM those cupcakes are the bomb girl! Look at your little princess...SWEETNESS! Love all of the pics and updates Jinny ;) Have a super day!

Lisa said...

Ooooops....CONGRATS cover girl!!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO! You're a cover girl! :-) Congrats Jinny! Looks like Adina's day was amazing. We let Kara decide when she wanted her ears pierced too. Lots of great pics. I'm trying to remember if that's the training camp building I remember us driving past last year on our trip. hmmmm Not sure. :-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOOOOOORAY for making the cover! I've always dreamed of that--you deserve it:) Your card is GORGEOUS!!!

What a weekend--so many pics!!! LOVE the owl cupcakes!!!! LOVE x100000 again!!! LOVE:)