December Daily Dozen

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Yesterday, I joined Elizabeth Kartchner in creating my own Daily Dozen: 12 on 12, where you take 12 photos throughout your day, on the 12th of the month, just for the fun of capturing memories and routine.  Well, I thought it would be fun to see how it went in preparation for being more intentional about it in 2013.  So, it began with breakfast, which I'm lucky to get down before 10 am, if at all.  I know.  Shame on me!  And yes, my mother did tell me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  I'm just one of those people who doesn't know how to slow down.  I hit the ground running and just kind of forget that I need to eat.  But when I do eat it, like yesterday, it usually looks something like a cup of tea and vanilla yogurt, laden with granola.
My hubby brought these home for me a couple of days ago.  I think that he just wanted to see me smile, as I haven't been feeling very good lately.
Ezekiel likes to do his assignments, in the living room, near the Christmas tree.
For some reason, Adina thought her little Christmas tree needed Barrel of Monkeys ornaments, wrapped in pony tail holder scarfs.  She's got quite the imagination ;).
The rest of our morning consisted of reading...

dusting...
and more school.
Oh!  And my December Jenni Bowlin kit arrived in the mail.  Eeek!  Can't wait to dive in!
Then, Daddy was home for lunch.  We just love that we live close enough to his work, about five minutes to be exact, that he gets to eat lunch, with us, most days.
More time to read gets Adina ready for her nap.  Yes, she's four-years-old.  And yes, she still takes a nap, usually for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, daily.
Ezekiel spends the time finishing up school, reading, or playing outside.  Yesterday, he pulled out his latest drawing assignment and added a little color to it.
Finally, I couldn't resist throwing in a picture of Adina holding our hamster, Katie.  She holds her several times a day, every day, and always makes sure she has all the treats a little hamster could possibly ever desire.
There you have it.  So fun!  Now, I can't wait to turn these pics into a two-pager.  LOVE this idea!  Thanks, Lizzy!  And thanks, to you all, for taking the time to read.  Big hugs!

6 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Perfect glimpse into a day in the life of the Newlin family! Great way to count your blessings and appreciate all the little things that are taken for granted while you're busy getting things done!

Lynn said...

Such great pictures...my favorite is nap time! I wish we could have a family nap time :)!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such great pics!!! Looks like a great 12-12-12!!

reneezwirek said...

Love your pics! They make me smile. I cannot pick out one favorite...absoultely love them all! What a sweet 12.12.12 day with your family. Big hugs to you all!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are great! I love Adina's tree decorations!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a wonderful day!! I so miss those home school days!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/