MSS: Joy to the World

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hey, y'all!  I've got a super, sweet, little tag, featured on the Market Street Stamps Blog today, to share with you all.  Enjoy!
I started this tag by ink distressing the edges of a die cut, from Kraft cardstock, tag; stamping its top half, in White ink, with the Flurries background and its bottom half, in Riding Hood Red ink, with the slanted stripes; and die cutting its center with the little snowflake.  I then stamped a die cut from Bashful Blue cardstock and ink distressed banner, in Riding Hood Red ink, with the "Joy to the World" sentiment and adhered it, with foam tape, just above the die cut snowflake.  The holly leaves were stamped, in Garden Green ink, on Oatmeal cardstock; hand cut out; adhered in their respective locations; embellished with a single, red gemstone; and glittered.
A length of Baker's Twine, as well as a gingham ribbon, tied in a bow, gives me something to attach it; and a stamped, on the back, in Riding Hood Red ink, "from" completes the look.
I actually made 30 of them and am kicking myself for not taking a picture of how darling they looked all piled up.  So sorry :(!  They were then used to dress up jars of our homemade Apple Butter for friends and neighbors, as well as our trash men and mail person.
We even paired a few more yet with jars of our homemade Amish Garlic Sweet Pickles, topped with Fluffy Flower Pins, for family members.
And just because it was another fun, Christmas gift and you took the time to stop by and check out my little tags, I thought that I'd share what I put together for all my nieces and nephews, too.
We picked out mugs, from Pier 1, that we thought best fit each kiddo's personality.  The mug pictured above was given to my niece, Jenna.  Then, we paired it with different flavor packages of hot cocoa, which I just stapled together and dressed up with a ribbon bow, as well as little bags of marshmallows; those sweet, little, candy cane reindeer from back here; and homemade, white chocolate, butterscotch, and chocolate, dipping spoons.
Well, y'all, I don't know if you've already read Market Street Stamp's Moving into 2013... post or not, but this project officially concludes my Design Team service for Market Street Stamps.  It's been a short but fun ride, which I so wasn't ready to end.  But no matter how off-guard the announcement took us all, I couldn't possibly end it without sending out a HUGE thank you to Angelica and Jorge Suarez for taking a chance on me and allowing me to design with their AMAZING, quality images or Stephanie Washburn for always being a quick email away, having all the right answers, and being full of encouragement and praise.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  And I wish you all the best of luck as Market Street Stamps moves forward into 2013.

And thank you, to each and every one of you MSS fans, too, for all your comments and support of my creative work!  You make blogland such a beautiful place to be, and I hope that you'll continue to join me, in my creative endeavors, into 2013.  Big hugs! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Reason for the Season - sentiment, Country Christmas - holly leaves & "from", Flurries background, & Great Big Greetings - slanted stripe Paper: Kraft & Oatmeal (Wplus9); Bashful Blue (SU) Ink: Riding Hood Red & White (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: Seasonal Sentiments - snowflake, Timeless Tags, & Banner Trio dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); red gemstone (Paper Studio); Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

7 comments:

Pam said...

Love your sweet tag, and the other yummy gifts! Will miss seeing your creations on the MSS blog for sure! All the best to you in the new year!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!

Lisa said...

Love all of these sweetly decorated Christams gifts Jinny. I think yummy homemade gifts from the heart are the best!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the negative snowflake!!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Your tag is awesome! I love how creative and cute it is! And your apple butter and pickles look delicious! Thank you for stopping by my blog, too! Happy new year to you!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a sweet tag. i love the cut out so when you hang it from the jar, you can see the contents through it!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kim Ryden said...

Cute, cute tags! Apple butter....YUM!