SIT #95

Thursday, December 6, 2012

We're at the beginning of another month once again and have a fabulous Sketches in Thyme challenge to get y'all started preserving those memories.  Here's how I was inspired.
I started this page by anchoring a quartet of patterned papers, including gray, coral, and yellow chevron, as well as gray polka dot, to the yellow, woodgrain, base page with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches, some of which were tied off, to the front of the layout, at their ends.
I then created my "Jesus put a SONG in my [heart]" title from gray, white, and coral, sticker alphas, as well as a stamped in Coral Calypso ink, and glittered heart.
After adhering my grid of photos, I tucked a vellum piece of white-embossed sheet music, as well as a big, yellow, hand cut, from patterned paper, blossom, under their combined, bottom, right corner.  They were further embellished with a chipboard, yellow frame, anchored with vintage brads, as well as a paper-pieced bird, grounded with a coral, grosgrain, ribbon bow.
The heart definition was stamped, in Basic Gray ink, on a yellow-framed, journaling card and tucked under the bottom, two photographs, the farthest left of which was wrapped with a length of white string, tied in a bow.
That same string-wrapped photo also had a yellow, polka dot, sticker label, which was used to journal my July 16, 2012, date, tucked under its bottom left edge, and a bunch of coral, enamel dots complete the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from The Studio Challenge's December 2nd Challenge: Layers and Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #19.
And here's your Challenge #95 sketch to get you started.
You have until the close of the month, on Tuesday, December 31, 2012, to link up your takes, over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog, in order to be in the running to be named one of our elite Top Three and one of our January Guest Designers, as well as to be entered to win this fabulous prize from My Mind's Eye.
 
Please don't forget to stop by the challenge link above to check out what deliciousness the rest of Team A has whipped up, just for your viewing pleasure.  Then, off you go to having a spectacular day!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Follow Your Heart & Vintage Music (MSS) Paper: yellow woodgrain, yellow chevron, coral chevron, gray chevron, & yellow flower (My Mind's Eye); gray polka dot (American Crafts); yellow checkered & orange swirl (Basic Grey); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Gray, Coral Calypso, & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); coral enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); gray alphas (Fancy Pants); white mini alphas (lilybee design); coral letter stickers & ribbon (American Crafts); Dazzling Diamonds & vintage brads (SU); white embossing powder (Ranger); white string (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); yellow polka dot cardstock sticker label (October Afternoon); yellow chipboard frame (piggy tales); yellow journaling card (Jenni Bowlin)

16 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Love those pictures of your girl! So summery! I love your layout too. My eyes went straight for that grey and white chevron paper! Love it! So glad I got to play along with you all this week!

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Loving the stitching and love the title! Are you guys big Psalty fans too?

Annette said...

just so precious. Your kids are going to have amazing memories all laid out for them in some amazing books.. They will really appreciate when they are older...

Lisa said...

Jinny this is precious! Oh my just as sweet as can be. Love the title and all of your special attention to detail!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Seriously fab layout!
Love it all!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

What a gorgeous layout and such pretty pictures!

Sura said...

So pretty! I love all details!
Surama

Dani Cristina said...

Wow...
Love this,Fabulous!
Love too the title :)

Ros Crawford said...

This is just Darling!!! Beautiful photos and beautifully displayed ... Many thanks Jinny for your wishes and prayers

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Jinnnnnnnny!!!! It's been so long since I've stopped by--SO SORRY! I have about 20 more posts to visit...but I wanted to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this page! I love the title! LOVE the different letters and how you've used several patterns and colors on this page! FAB!

THANKS for stopping by and leaving some love on my blog!!! YOU made my day!! LOVE LOVE LOVE ya!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the photos, the background paper, the music paper...sooooooooo WOW!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

How'd you guess ;)?

pysselpetra said...

Adorable page ♥ Thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

~Tammy~ said...

I just love this layout and I love the "Jesus Puts a song in my heart" So true! Beautiful layout!

Viji Siddharth said...

Love the stitching! Fab layout Jinny!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Your layout is absolutely amazing! I love how you used the Color Me Scrappy color scheme and your photos and design - just perfect. Thanks for playing along!!!!!