Wplus9 Dec./Jan. Release: Group Post

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Today's the big day, y'all!  Each and every stamp and die you've seen here is available for purchase, even as this post goes live, in the Wplus9 Design Online Store.  But before you're off to getting 'em while they're hot, we've all got one, final project to share.  Here's mine.

{Removed for Publication}

I started this card by stamping the damask pattern, in White ink, on Night of Navy cardstock; and you'll have to forgive me, but it was not smudged at all, when I was done with the card.  I guess that's what I get for sharing my creative space with my family ;).  Sigh.  Anyway, I then trimmed it, across its bottom edge, with strips of red plaid and red and blue, striped, patterned papers.  The latter was stamped, in Riding Hood Red ink, with the checkered border, before the entire thing was framed with Oatmeal cardstock and anchored with white-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches.

{Removed for Publication}

I then wrapped a length of navy, striped ribbon, horizontally, around the prepped piece; tied it, in a bow, near the right edge of the prepped piece; and embellished it with a red button, laced with a hemp twine bow, before adhering the entire thing, with foam tape, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face.

{Removed for Publication}

The pocket surround was stamped, in White ink, on an ink distressed, Kraft, cardstock, die cut pocket; filled in with the stamped, in Night of Navy ink, sentiment piece; and topped with a white embossed, on vellum, and hand cut out heart banner.

{Removed for Publication}

It was then adhered, with foam tape, just to the left of the embellished bow and stuffed with die cut from Oatmeal cardstock; ink distressed; and stamped, in Riding Hood Red ink, with the respective images, hearts.

{Removed for Publication}

That's all, for this month, folks!  Thank you so much for all the time you've taken out of your busy schedules to stop by to see what I've created and for all the sweet comments you've left for little old me.  It means the world to me!  It's just so fun to see you all so excited about each new release!  What fun it will be to see what you all create with them!  Please don't forget to stop by to see what the rest of the team has created to share with you, and until next time, happy stamping! 

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Sarah Martina Parker
Savitri Wilder

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Cupid's Arrow - cupid, cupid heart, & sentiment, Damask Delight - damask background, Banner Love - heart banner & stitched heart, A Pocketful - pocket outline, & Country Charm - checkered border (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft & Oatmeal (Wplus); Night of Navy (SU); red plaid (Crate Paper); red & blue stripe (Bazzill); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, & White (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Clear Cut Stackers: Hearts & A Pocketful dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); navy striped ribbon (The Ribbon Reel); red button (PTI); hemp twine (Scrapbook Adhesives); white embossing powder (Ranger)

14 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Love this card! I just bought my 2 stamp sets! Her shipping is really reasonable! :)

Lynn said...

Jinny - this is so adorable! I'm loving the banner of vellum hearts.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow Jinny... looks fabulous. Love the die-cut pocket filled with the those circle elements. Great colors and layers... especially love the white on Kraft and the blue papers... the stitching is perfect.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Circle??? I meant hearts!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning ... I love the stamped background and the pocket of hearts with the banner is amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! I love love love love this!! LOVING the colors, the pocket, the hearts!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Annette said...

wow you know how to blend so well...this card is adorable and has such a great flow..it is like eye candy.. I love it

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny, this is fabulous! Oh my goodness how you combined patterns and stamps and hearts--LOVE! and yes I do love the Christmas Season. :)

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE this FUN and CUTE card!! All the little hearts and the FUN stamped background along with the color scheme is just SO SWEET!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

~Tammy~ said...

Look at this gorgeous beauty! Wow! Love the reds and blues!

Jean Martin said...

This is so beautiful Jinny! I LOVE how you combine colors! They are always so vibrant and perfect! Your cards always look perfectly finished. I always check them out first whenever we have a release! :)

Lea L. said...

This is so so sweet, Jinny! I just love the pocketful of hearts...so fun!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Jinny, Jinny, Jinny! I LOVE this! The red, kraft and blues together have such a country vibe, and yet you've feminized this with so many pretty touches. Wow, girl! I can't say enough nice things about it.

I hope you are well, and please know I think of you often. Life is just too, too busy right now, and I do not get enough 'me' time. :( I'm trying to make the rounds when I can!

Diana Fisher said...

Oh goodness — I love this! Great color combo and cute way to use the hearts!