10 Minute Craft Dash #10

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This week's 10 Minute Craft Dash is sponsored by Wplus9 Design.  So, Paulina invited the Design Team to play along, but I'm going to admit up front that in no way can my style fit into a ten minute box.  It's just not possible!  Believe me.  I tried!  I'm sure that I totally cheated, too, by having everything laid out in front of me.  Meaning, all my stamps were already picked up on their acrylic blocks; ink pads laid open; sewing machine was threaded; and papers had been cut.  Even with all that extra prep, I failed miserably!  But I decided that this week wasn't as much about the time frame as it was about supporting a dear friend and showing off some of Wplus9 Design's fabulous goodies.  So, here I am, anyway, with my creation.  Enjoy!
I started this card by ink distressing the edges of a piece of Oatmeal cardstock and stamping the text, across the bottom of it, in Basic Gray ink and the snowflakes, large and small, and the stitched circles in Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Crumb Cake inks.  A Post-It Note mask protected the script as I stamped the top of the design.  I then framed it with a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock and machine stitched, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges.
A length of gray ribbon was then wrapped, around the prepped piece, between the two stamped patterns and tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the prepped piece.
I then stamped the frame, in Pretty in Pink ink, on an ink distressed, die cut, Oatmeal, cardstock rounded rectangle; the outside, "HOOT & HOLLA It's Your Day" sentiment in Certainly Celery ink; and the main, "CELEBRATE" sentiment in Basic Gray ink, before adhering it, with foam tape, to the left of the bow.
A green, crochet snowflake was then tucked in behind the sentiment frame; topped with a pink, velvet blossom, which was flanked with a stamped, in Basic Gray ink, on Basic Gray cardstock, banner, cut in half; and flanked with a trio of pearls.  The entire prepped piece was then adhered, with foam tape, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from the Make Your Own Background Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  I also had my sweet friend Ros in mind, as she celebrated her birthday this week; and the girls, over at City Crafter Challenge Blog, have a link up party going on in her honor.  Happy birthday, Ros!  And of course, the scrumptious color palette came from this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge #10.
Thanks so much for peeking in!  Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to get all the nitty gritty details for the Craft Dash, and have a wonderful Wednesday, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Folk Art Flurries - snowflakes, Defining Words - "friend" text, Super Star - pennant, & Label Layers 4 - frame & sentiment (Wplus9) Paper: Oatmeal & Kraft (Wplus9); Pink Pirouette & Basic Gray (SU) Ink: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, & Crumb Cake (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Banner Trio & Label Layers 4 dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); gray ribbon (May Arts); pink velvet blossom (Maya Road); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); pearls (Recollections); crochet snowflake (Target)

29 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card! Kudos for trying...I doubt I could make a card in 10 minutes, not really a fast crafter.

Jennifer said...

Sorry...forgot to tell you I {heart} your new look!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful Jinny! I'm with you there on the 10 minute thing. I could never do that. I have the same problem with my style taking longer, and on top of that I am a detail person which means I'm a slower crafter than some. Again, a beautiful card! Love the soft colours. :)

Lynn said...

Wowzers! You rocked this challenge. It is awesome Jinny!

Lindsay said...

Seriously gorgeous Jinny! The bg stamping is fabulous and the details on this card are lovely! Oh, looove the new blog look too, so fun!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your gorgeous card!

anya said...

Oh WOW, Jinny! This is gorgeous! I am a slow crafter, too - I deliberate far too much - but I will give it the challenge a go! Love your sample, so much inspiration jammed into one little package!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Jinny! I am VERY slow, so I don't' know if I can make anything in 10 minutes!!!! LOL! You did an amazing job!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow this is so beautiful!!! I can't believe it only took you 10 minutes ... I wish I could make something so beautiful in less than an hour!

Annette said...

I am back to my normal routine.. this is a great way to start the morning with this beautiful card...wow This is so amazing..Love all the lovely detail..

~Tammy~ said...

You are so uber talented. I have to reside to the fact when I do 10 MCD that my card is going to have to be clean and simple. I can't get lost in the design process and I have to have a simple design in my head before starting out. Yes, you are allowed to have your supplies pulled. Otherwise I wouldn't have a chance. All of mine have been down to the wire too!

This is nothing short of amazing no matter how long it took you!

Angi said...

I've missed seeing your gorgeous designs. Have a Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny, one word--gorgeous!

Lisa said...

I LOVE the way you've used the colors and I am seriously smitten with your bow...LOVE that ribbon! Then of course their is that sweet little velvet pink bloom...kind of in love with that too LOL! Pretty pretty card Jinny ;)

Doreen Vasquez said...

No way can I create anything in 10 minutes...except a mess! LOL!
Beautiful card!

Miriam Prantner said...

You did this in 10 minutes?! Would have taken me way longer! So pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* this is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee the leaves and that flower!!!! Beautiful!!!

maria f. said...

Beautiful (of course), and just too funny cuz when I saw your name on the list I wondered what you would have created in 10 minutes. Now I know. Probably the bow (hee hee).

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE your card for the challenge!! Thanks for sharing!! I also LOVE the new look of your blog!! Such great pictures and the design is SO FUN!! =) Have a Fabulous Week!! =)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning! I can't stop looking at all the detail in your card - The colours, the stamping, the sponging,the sewing the gorgeous grey bow! This looks like a 10 hour card - so well done for giving it a go! It would take me 0 mins to thread the sewing machine!!! You weren't cheating - you were being organised!

cassie said...

wow - that's a lot of detail for 10 minutes...gorgeous!

Paulina said...

Holy moly, Jinny, I didn't even recognize these colors! Your card is breathtaking- I love every.single.element on it!

While you may not have made it under 10 minutes, this card is definitely worthy of all sorts of applause and praise. Hopefully a virtual high five and hug will do! :)

Ros Crawford said...

I forgot to say Thank You!! I didn't realise that this was for me ... WOW!!! Thanks so much Jinny

Tracy said...

I don't care if it took you ten minutes or an hour, it's fabulous! Love the colors and that crocheted piece is yummy. Beautiful card Jinny! Hugs!

Lyndal said...

FAB, FAB card Jinny - I'm sure the lining up of stuff doesn't count towards the 10 minutes - otherwise I'd be in all sorts of trouble ;)

Marlena M. said...

This is a gorgeous creation Jinny~10 min or not...I love it anyway! It has that special "something" that only you do!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and soft Jinny. Love the lovely colors. The stitching is fabulous! I have a Janome machine, but I can't make straight and even stitches! Any tricks?

Karen said...

Gorgeous card...love your blog header...

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)