Christmas Rewind

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Wednesday, folks!  I know it seems a little late to share Christmas pics, but I just haven't had a chance to do so here on my blog and thought that today would be as good a day as any ;).  It all started, on Christmas Eve, at my Mom and Dad's.  Doesn't my Dad look so good after his accident?!  And he's doing better and better every day.
This is my big sister and her kiddos (My Grandpa is hanging out in the background ;).)...
my little sister and her family...
and my little brother and his wife, Sarah, along with one of their dogs, Buster.
And here's all the cousins...
before the madness of opening gifts began.
LOVE this pic of my nieces and nephews happy as larks with part of their gifts from us!
We rounded out a memorable day with a delicious turkey dinner, before heading home to celebrate Christmas morning as a family.  We began with stockings, which I totally over stuff to the point of having to wrap many of them and set them beside the stockings.  I mean, really, who gets new shoes in their Christmas stocking?!
Adina got a guitar strap and picks for her birthday guitar.
Then, my hubby shared the Christmas story, and Ezekiel wanted to read a storybook about it.
From there, we moved on to the three gifts under the tree for each of my kiddos, including a much-needed, new coat...
clothes for a baby doll...
a warm sleeping bag for all those camping trips that we're already planning for this year...
a Nook (Gosh, he couldn't have loved that one any more!)...
and Legos for one and all...
including a little, dinosaur set that Adina got for Ezekiel, and he just loved to bits!
Oh!  And of course, there were stockings filled to the brim with treats for our little critters, too.
And just for fun, a couple more pics of the delicious food that made up our celebrations.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
And thanks so much for stopping by to check on us!  I'll be back tomorrow with a brand new, Sketches in Thyme challenge to not only start a new month, but also a new year.  Until then, have a thoroughly fantastic Thursday!  Hugs!

9 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful photos, looks like a fantastic time and so glad to see your dad looking so well! What an answer to prayer!

Lisa said...

Fun photos Jinny looks like a super holiday!!

Lynn said...

Oh the photos are wonderful Jinny...I really love all the cousin pictures..the family resemblance makes me smile!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

We do a birthday cake for Jesus too!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos!!! I was just looking closely at your daughters pics ...and WOW!! She is growing up quick!!! She looks just like Mama too... so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Lovely family! Looks like the holidays were a blast, thanks for sharing. =)

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful post and lovely photos ... Hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you all ....

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh the hamster pic is hilarious! How cute!!!! I want a piece of that cake too. hee hee. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. So glad to hear your dad is doing so well. Hugs!

Maria said...

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos! It sure put a BIG smile on my face! Looks like you and family had a fabulous Christmas...such a blessing! Take care, hugs!