For the Love of Books

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hey, y'all!  Just sneaking in a For the Love of Books post, before all the Wplus9 Design release activity begins.  I had the hardest time choosing a book to share, with you all, this month.  Do I go with a winter-themed one?  Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  What about that funny one I adore from one of my favorite authors or that one every family should own?  There are just so many AMAZING children's books to share!  Sometimes it's hard to know where to begin, but with my birthday having just passed, I settled on one we found, on the New Books shelf, at our local library, with just such a theme.  It is written for children ages three and up.
Happy Birthday, Mrs. Millie!, written by Judy Cox and illustrated by Joe Mathieu, details the preparations Mrs. Millie's students undergo to ready their classroom for a surprise bird-day party for their teacher.  From colorful baboons and foxes tied up with gibbons to chocolate cubcakes and apple moose, the celebration begins the moment Mrs. Millie arrives and carries through to blowing out the camel and making a fish to Musical Bears and gifts, for all the children, from their creature.  It is packed to the brim with word play and rhymes that are sure to make you laugh out loud.

Mrs. Millie just came on my radar, but evidently she's been around since 2005 with Don't Be Silly, Mrs. Millie!, Mrs. Millie Goes to Philly!, and Pick a Pumpkin, Mrs. Millie!  We've recently reserved them all at our library.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read!  And please be sure to let me know what you think of Mrs. Millie, whether you've already been introduced or are sure to pick her up today.  Be blessed!

4 comments:

Charlene said...

That book looks like a fun read for the grandkids Jinny!! I can't wait for the fun Wplus9 releases LOVE them!!

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a fun cute book!!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

What a wonderful post! I am so happy that you shared this book with us. And January is a great month for birthdays - my daughter, Anne's and my mom's birthdays are both in January!!!!!