January Daily Dozen

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hey, y'all!  I hope that you're all having a super blessed Sunday!  It's uber cold in our neck of the woods.  We even have a wisp of snow covering the ground.  But we braved the bitter winds to make it to church.  Now, we're home and have settled in with our individual activities, while we wait for my hubby's church meeting to finish and for him to join us for a little lunch.  So, while everyone is busy, I thought that I'd pop in here to share this month's Daily Dozen, as inspired by Elizabeth Kartchner.

My hubby is an early riser.  It's difficult for him, even on days when he can, to sleep past 6 a.m.  I, on the other hand, would rather stay up and get things done at night and sleep in until 8 a.m.  Now, most mornings, because we need to get started with school and don't want to be at it all day, I'm up between 6:30 a.m. and 7 a.m.; but on Saturdays, my hubby gets up with our kiddos and tries to keep everyone quiet, so I can rest a little longer.  Well, this Saturday, I never did go back to sleep, but when I did happen to crawl out of bed, the boys had a game of Sorry going...
and of course, Adina already had our hamster, Katie, in her arms.
After breakfast, my kiddos played with Ezekiel's new Australian critters.
He got them, in the Kansas City Zoo's gift shop, just this week, after his homeschool program.  Well, that little, black guy, with the long nose, to the far right of the photograph above, stirred up quite the commotion.  I thought he was a mole.  My hubby thought he was a shrew, and Ezekiel thought he was a kiwi bird.  So, we had to get online and do our research.  As it turns out, we were all wrong.  It's a spiny anteater or echidna.  Who knew ;)?!
Then, my kiddos went back to watching their latest favorite movie, The Lorax...
before heading out to Lowe's Build-and-Grow Clinic.
We also made a stop by our local library...
before going to Ezekiel's first basketball game.  Gosh, he's improved so much since last year!  And they only lost by two baskets.  They were behind by a lot at half-time, but they owned the court in the second half, and I really thought they were going to come back and win it.  Go, Slammers!
Adina donned her red, sparkly, Dorothy shoes, before we left home.  These cuties sure attract a lot of attention.  Maybe it's just because we live in Kansas ;).
On the way home, we grabbed a little lunch and made a stop, by Target, to pick up a birthday present for my niece.  If you get her anything at Justice, she'll probably be happy; but other than that, she's a little tough to shop for.  She's turning eleven-years-old, and my sister thought she'd like something to go on her bedroom walls.  Well, I found the perfect, precious, little trio of pastries.  They even matched her room perfectly, but they were way out of our budget, and I wasn't sure if the glass fronts would travel, through the mail, safely.  So, we ended up getting her a gift card to pick out whatever she pleases, as well as jeans for my hubby; a tank, because we had a coupon, for Adina; shampoo for me; toothbrushes for Ezekiel (That boy goes through more toothbrushes than I ever thought possible!); more paints for both of my kiddos; and a plug out organizer, from the dollar spot, just because it's exactly what we needed to keep all those electronic devices up off the floor in a house with few outlets.
After all that, as you might imagine, Adina crashed!  Hard!  I had to wake her up at 5:30 p.m. for dinner and just so she'd go back to sleep come bedtime.  She was such a cuddle bug in waking up.
And finally, we wrapped up our delicious dinner, of homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, with winter floats.  That's hot cocoa with big scoops of vanilla ice-cream.  Yum!
I'll check back in, sometime tomorrow, with a layout that's been, literally, two years in the making.  Hey, and thanks ever so much for your sweet comments regarding my new blog design!  I just couldn't possibly love it any more!  The super talented and sweet-as-pie Hannah Craner designed it, and I just adore that she was able to tie in all the elements, right down to the layers of Kansas wheat, that I asked for and with so little direction to boot!  She's AMAZING!  Oh!  And my December Daily Dozen pics have been put into this week's Sketches in Thyme two-pager.  Can't wait to share it with you all!  Until then, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful and restful remainder to your weekend!  Hugs!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Loving all the pictures...they are fabulous and of course the shoes attract a lot of attention. They are so so sweet! and the blog header is divine! Love the pictures of your beautiful family.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing these super sweet pictures Jinny! Max usually gets me up early by running his little paw down the door of his crate, he's such a silly little pup!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the pics!!! Her shoes are just adorable!!

Maria said...

Love the new blog design! And, all the family photos are just so SWEET! Good luck to your son with the basketball...how fun! And your daughter hamster and red shoes are too CUTE! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

Linda R said...

Well it sounds like you had a busy weekend. Your daughters red shoes are adorable. Wishing you a happy week..

Hugs~

Tracy said...

You guys are busy beyond belief! Thanks for the animal lesson. LOL Best of luck to Ezekiel's team! Hugs!

Gailanne said...

So enjoyed seeing all your family photos and learning what an echidna is! Can I be nosy and ask about those fabulous red shoes of your daughter's? Brand and/or where they can be purchased? My granddaughter would adore those.