ScrapFIT Workout #84

Thursday, January 24, 2013

We're nearly back to the weekend, y'all!  I'm not sure why that excites me so, except that we've all been feeling a little under the weather in some way and could use a bit more time to just do nothing.  Plus, a reprieve from our daily studies and activities and my hubby being around to help with the daily grind usually permits me a little, extra time to just be myself, particularly with my creating.  So, I'm crossing my fingers that's exactly what this weekend will bring ;).  Speaking of, I just love the soft beauty of the creation I have, to share with you all, today.  Enjoy!

{Photo Removed for Publication}

I started this card by trimming the left edge of a piece of vintage, book-print, patterned paper with a strip of aqua, distressed, patterned paper, as well as a die cut strip of Oatmeal cardstock and anchoring them all, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face.  I then trimmed the space between the original paper and the die cut cardstock with a length of kraft lace, and later, topped it with a length of Crumb Cake, taffeta ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the top edge of the card face and embellished with a lone pearl.

{Photo Removed for Publication}

But before that ribbon was added, I secured a strip of aqua, floral, glitter paper, over a bit of cheesecloth and just below horizontal center, with brown-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.

{Photo Removed for Publication}

Finally, the sentiment panel was created by stamping the frame itself, in Crumb Cake ink, on an ink distressed, Oatmeal, cardstock die cut; filling it in with the stamped, in Pool Party ink, "LOVE", sentiment frame, which also received a kiss of glitter; and finishing with the stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, "Today, Tomorrow, Forever" sentiment.  It was then adhered, with foam tape, just to the bottom right of the embellished bow.

{Photo Removed for Publication}

Color inspiration for this card came from ScrapFIT's Workout #84.
Thanks for taking a little bit of time out of your busy schedules to humor me with a visit!  I hear my littlest waking and calling for me.  So, we're off to another day.  Hope yours is blessed!  Hugs! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings - frame & Love You More - sentiment Paper: Kraft & Oatmeal (Wplus9); aqua distressed (Crate Paper); vintage book-print (JBS); floral glitter (DCWV) Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: brown & white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 3 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Scalloped die, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); pearl (Zva Creative); kraft lace (Hobby Lobby); cheesecloth (Dritz)

17 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful mix of texture and pattern Jinny! There is such warmth in your card and I love the lone pearl on your bow!

Angi said...

Love the book print paper. Gorgeous!!!!

Lynn said...

Is it bad that I'm hoping my hubby goes out tomorrow night so that I have a little more time to create :) I'm loving this color combo..it is fabulous and you've rocked it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! This blew me away, so pretty! Loving all the texture too, especially that gorgeous crochet trim and the cheesecloth. Fantastic!

kate blue said...

absolutely positively my favorite on the SF challenge! Classy and elegant-your trims are simply gorgeous! I'm gonna have to practice my zig zag sewing skills!

Charlene said...

So cute!! You just make awesome cards Jinny! Enjoy your day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny the book print is fabulous, such pretty textures and colours!

glorygirl said...

So so so so pretty! Love the combination of papers, colors and stitching. Such great textures on this card!

Annette said...

wow Jinny really this is gorgeous.. every inch of it is beautiful..

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the beautiful papers/colors and your card design.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the stitching and LOVING the mesh material!! You always amaze me!!!

Tracy said...

Oh yum this is beautiful! The soft blue and oatmeal a re perfect together and you always have fabulous layouts. Love it Jinny! Hope you get some down time this weekend. Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Love the whole look of this card...simply gorgeous!

~Tammy~ said...

These colors are beautiful! Another delightful creation for the eye Jinny!

Tracey Sabella said...

Oh, wow!!! What a gorgeous card!! Love all the shabby chic elements and details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Jinny. Pretty image, colors... love the vintage feel to it... the cheesecloth looks great!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful use of the colors Jinny!! Love the different patterns you used and the great texture from the ribbon! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!