SIT #100

Thursday, January 17, 2013

We're back with an all-new, two-page Challenge #100, at Sketches in Thyme, for all you sketch lovers!  And like I said, in my January Daily Dozen post, on Sunday, I've used it to show off my December Daily Dozen pics.
I started this layout by adhering my photographs and color-coordinating, patterned papers, in a grid format, across both Whisper White, cardstock, base pages and anchoring the latter with bright-pink-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before turning my attention to the left side of the design.
The far left edge of the grid was trimmed with a length of purple, scalloped trim.  I also used the dictionary, patterned paper as the foundation for my "dec. daily Dozen" title, which was created from green, ledger alphas; bright pink, vinyl Thickers; and green letters.  The latter of which were anchored over a hand cut transparency flourish.
I then hand cut a large tag from Kraft cardstock; ink distressed its edges; stamped it, in Jet Black ink, with the notebook lines, as well as the "details:" flag; punched it with a common, office supply store punch, which was also framed with a reinforcement label; and trimmed it with a length of hemp twine, tied in a bow.  It was then used to journal about our day and tucked in behind the papers and photographs.  I won't take the time to type all of it up here, but if you're interested, the journaling was paraphrased from the information in my December Daily Dozen post.
An "Our Heritage" tab, as well as a "sweetness", cardstock sticker...
and a little more journaling, which reveals the direct "link" for all the info about these pages, just in case my blog is still around years and years from now...
turns our attention to the right side of the layout.
The cluster was created from a hand cut transparency similar to the one above; "TELL ME A STORY", cardstock sticker; canvas butterfly; vintage, canning jar cut from the back of some old packaging; typography number; and a bright pink, velvet blossom, flanked by a couple of velvet leaves and hemp twine bows and topped with a resin flower.
A striped, cardstock, sticker arrow...
and portion of a white, paper doily, topped with a "love that SMILE!" tag, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from ScrapFIT's Step Class #12: Layered Embellishments (Even though my entire embellishment cluster, on the right side, becomes one big embellishment, I still made the minimum four layers on the single flower between the velvet petals and leaves, hemp twine bows, and resin topper.) and Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #25.
And here's this week's sketch to get you started.
Don't forget that you have until the close of the month, on Thursday, January 31, 2013, to link up your takes, on Challenge #98, Challenge #99, and/or this week's Challenge #100, in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog, in order to be in the running to be named one of our Top Three and become a Guest Designer with us during the month of February.  Can't wait to see what you all are cooking up, and thanks ever so much for humbling me with a little visit!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Design Basics: Classroom Backgrounds (Wplus9); Detail Flags (Elle's Studio) Paper: Kraft (Wplus9); Whisper White (SU); turquoise woodgrain (Paper Studio); dictionary (Kraft Outlet); ledger (JBS); pink text (Jillibean Soup); purple argyle (Nikki Sivils) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Jet Black, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: bright pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); hole punch & reinforcement label (office supply store); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); purple velvet boutique trim (Doodlebug Design); green ledger alphas (Sasafrass); bright pink vinyl Thickers (American Crafts); green alphas (Basic Grey); bright pink screen print transparencies (Hambly); "Our Heritage" tab (October Afternoon); "sweetness" cardstock sticker (Crate Paper); white paper doily (Wilton); "love that SMILE!" tag (Elle's Studio); "TELL ME A STORY" & stripe arrow cardstock stickers (My Mind's Eye); vintage jar (packaging); turquoise resin flower (The Ribbon Reel); canvas butterfly, kraft typography number, pink velvet blossom, & velvet leaves (Maya Road)

21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this Jinny!!! LOVING the colors, the photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeee that I spy Nikki's paper!!!

Laurie said...

Adorable layout! Adina is such a cutie pie!! HOpe all is well my friend!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Wowzers! you once again rocked the sketch!(Why do I sound surprised?! Of course you did! LOL!)
I love how many pics you fit on here and the pretty little colorful embellies that are scattered throughout! And I am totally digging the title design - fun and festive for sure!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! Hope that you are all better and that can of pledge can go away for a long, long, time!

Lisa said...

What a delightful family page Jinny! I love the way you have woven the special details among your cute pics!

Charlene said...

So cute Jinny!!! I see a pic of pledge....don't tell me you dust everyday lol!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Jinny! This is such a wonderful 2-page layout! I love your take on the sketch, and you used the colors beautifully! Thank you so much for playing along at Color Me Scrappy!!!!!

glorygirl said...

This is so great! I've never heard of the Daily Dozen, but, what a fabulous idea! Definitely thinking about adopting this into my scrap routine. If I had at least a two page layout for each month, I might feel more caught up ;) Love what you did here!

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your layout Jinny!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous!! What beautiful photos

Lisa Haiss said...

Awsome work, as always! Your pages are so inspirational to everyone that see them. Oh, and your handwriting is to die for! I guess if I had handwriting like that, I wouldn't feel like I had to type my journaling. Thanks for sharing this with us at Color Me Scrappy!

marianne said...

Loved that stamped tag! Thanks for playing with us at Color Me Scrappy!

~Tammy~ said...

Not only do you put so much detail into your layouts, but your journaling is amazing! So important! Another fabulous memory preserved!

Lynn Le5 said...

Wow! So many details. Just beautiful! Love how you included all those photos... I'm usually a "one-photo-gal"... will try with more. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Christina Collins said...

This is just gorgeous! I love all the detail you've put into it. Love all the photographs too!
Thank you for playing along with CMS!

Annette said...

your layouts are always so sweeet.. I love how you add all the pictures and always add the perfect embellishments.. Love this..thanks for sharing..

Angi said...

Love the grid format. Fab layouts!

Viji Siddharth said...

I love multi-photo layouts! This is super cool! You totally rocked the colors!Your handwriting is gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Wonderful layout!It tells a beautiful history!
Thanks for playing with us at CMS!

Pam Pritzl said...

Jinny ... another stunning page, girl! I seriously love your work ... every embellie is placed perfectly and works so well with the overall page! Thanks for playing along over at CMS ...we always look forward to seeing your awesome work!

Stephanie Stanton said...

Jinny as always I love your work it is so fun and inspiring! Love the way you used this colour and sketch together great work!!!! Thanks for playing with CMS!!!!