SIT #99

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome to Sketches in Thyme's Challenge #99!  I know that I usually leave this week to Team B, but as you may have noticed, I have fewer design team responsibilities than I did last year and am enjoying getting my fingers more heavily into my scrapbooks.  So, without further adieu, I turned this week's one-pager into two and came up with this.  Oh!  And please let me apologize for all the lint that appears to have taken over my pictures.  I don't see it in real life, but my camera seemed to be loving it at the time these photos were taken.
I started this layout by matting my photographs with Whisper White cardstock and adhering them across both polka dot embossed, olive, cardstock, base pages, before turning my attention to the left side of the page.
This is the side of the layout that inspired the whole design.  I started it by anchoring a strip of orange, woodgrain, patterned paper, just right of center and tucked under my photos, vertically, down the left side of base cardstock, with black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  Before stitching, I also tucked a number of journaling bits under its left side and used them to journal, You and Daddy rode to Gladstone, from FBCS, with the rest of the kids competing.  Since you had to be there 2 hrs. before the actual competition began, Adina and Mommy came up later.  As soon as you saw us, you were so sweet, waving and smiling and giddy as could be.  You didn't seem the least bit nervous and were the only one, in your group, who received a High Honor ribbon for not missing a single question.  And even though you forgot the word "and" in one of the scriptures you quoted, your team still tied for 1st place.  Unfortunately, while they were tallying up the scores, most of your team had to sneak out to basketball games; and your teammate missed the tie-breaking question, putting you all in 2nd place.  I cannot even begin to express how proud we were/are of you!  Imagine all the people you'll be able to bless with all those scriptures hidden in your {heart}!
I then tucked a trio of color-coordinating, patterned papers under the left side of the photograph grid, overlapping the orange, woodgrain strip, and anchored a couple of them with more black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, before dressing their bottom corner with a "feb", calendar card; arrow chip; hand cut, from patterned paper, feathers; "KNOW THIS.", cardstock, sticker banner; orange, finger sticker; and a handful of yellow, enamel dots and black pearls.
A "GOOD TIMES", cardstock, sticker tab...
and hand cut, from patterned paper, banner, which was anchored, at its left end, with a painted, ink distressed, and glittered star chip, turn our attention to the right side of the layout, which boasts the continuation of that banner, prepared in the same way as above.
A trio of patterned papers, which match the papers from the first side, were tucked under the bottom right side of the photograph grid; and one of them was anchored with the last of my black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitching.  A kraft tag and "MY FAVORITE" tab, as well as a couple more black pearls, finish off the edge.
Three buttons, laced with white string, top a couple of the more blurry photos, but I just couldn't toss them out ;)...
and a "today is your day!" tag drives our attention to the top of the design...
which includes the "QUIZ" title, which was made from aqua, varsity letters; more hand cut, from patterned paper, feathers; the "awana" subtitle, which was created from aqua rubons; and another handful of yellow, enamel dots and black pearls.  A "FRIENDS", cardstock, sticker tab completes the look.
Finally, here's this week's sketch to get you started.  Don't forget that you have until the close of the month, on Thursday, January 31, 2013, to link up your takes, in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog to be in the running to be named one of our Top Three and a Guest Designer, with us, in February.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White (SU); olive embossed (Bazzill); orange woodgrain, banner, aqua designer, neutral lace, & hexagon (Crate Paper); feather (JBS) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white acrylic paint (Anita's); Dazzling Diamonds, orange cardstock sticker finger, & blue notebook journaling card (SU); bubble journaling card, "FRIENDS" tab, & arrow chip (Crate Paper); aqua striped & "SPECIAL NOTES:" journaling cards, "today is your day!" tag, & "MY FAVORITE" tab (Elle's Studio); kraft tags (The Kraft Outlet); yellow framed journaling card (Studio Calico); "feb" calendar card (7 Gypsies); "KNOW THIS." pennant & star chips (JBS); "GOOD TIMES" tab (Basic Grey); black pearls (Want 2 Scrap); yellow enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); aqua rubon alphas (Doodlebug Design); aqua varsity letters (Martha Stewart); Pure Poppy button (PTI); olive & yellow buttons (CHA); white string (Hobby Lobby)

13 comments:

Hannah said...

Jinny, I've said it and am going to say it again...YOU'RE AMAZING. I don't know where you find the time to get all this amazing crafting in.

So glad the new blog design is working. It was fun to work with you!

Lisa said...

Love the new design Jinny, the picks of your kiddos and family are beautiful! And more fantastic scrapbooking pages today. Ezekiel is just too cute, love his curls ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE all the photos in this layout and all the journaling too, and the blog looks FANTASTIC!

Doreen Vasquez said...

I cannot seem to create a 2 page layout I like so I always turn two page sketches into 1 page layouts... you on the other hand did the reverse and can I just say "wow", it looks great! If I didn't know any better I wouldn't have thought you created this from such a simple one page sketch! I love the tags/cards/stickers(?) along the side for journaling; it allows plenty of room to write your story and yet still adds a touch of fun to the page!!Definitely something I will be scraplifting some day!

Annette said...

You changed your blog photos.. how fun... I love your layout...awana is so awesome for the kids. Great photos..

Charlene said...

Awesome Jinny! Love the jpurnaling and the banner, papers, flows really well!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the wood grain, the colors, the photos, the banner and love love love love all the journal tags you used!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Love the new blog look!! Such a fabulous 2-pager. Love how you used all the photos and the personal journaling in your own hand!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Wow! That layout is journaling heaven! hee hee It looks amazing. The photo grouping is just astounding. Like I said, your photography really makes your pages so incredible. Love the new blog look. :-) Hugs!

Linda R said...

Love these pages.. I really love all the journaling with the tags on the side. Looks great! Also love the new look of your blog.. Wishing you a happy weekend.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely ... I just live those photos and your new header is beautiful!

~Tammy~ said...

Look at all that awesome journaling! An amazing layout! Do you put your pages in albums? Pure awesomsauce Jinny!

Jeanne J said...

I don't know what I love more Jinny - your pages or your cards. I am glad you do them both - because we all win either way!