The Studio: Jan. 6th & ScrapFIT Warm-Up #35

Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Monday, y'all!  I trust that your weekends were all that you hoped and planned them to be!  You can check out much of ours in my previous, January Daily Dozen post; but without saying much more, it was super busy to be for sure.  I'm finding that, lately, busy defines my life, but I'm also discovering that peace and joy can come from just going with the flow and letting a few things slide until tomorrow.  Unfortunately, that means that I don't get as much time to create.  Fortunately, I don't have as many assignments, so that creative time is nearly all mine ;).  With that said, I've got a lot that I'd still like to accomplish today; and my littlest has already interrupted me nearly a dozen times, so I'd better just get to the layout I have to share with you all.
I started this layout by stamping the pink, cardstock, base page, in White ink, with the background design.  To get them lined up just as straight as I possibly could, I first created a simple, pencil mark grid.  I then machine stitched over that grid with gray-threaded, straight machine stitches, beginning and ending pretty randomly at either end, and gently erased any visible pencil markings, before securing the gray, butterfly rubon in the top right corner of the design.
After fastening my photo just below the rubon, I dressed up its left side with rectangles of color-coordinating, patterned papers, each of which had been punched with a single heart shape.  I then mixed up all of the positive, heart punches; placed them into their negative counterparts; and anchored them, down their centers, with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  The entire design was then anchored with a color-coordinating Starter Strip, which was adhered above three, die cut, from White cardstock, and halved doilies.
The "SO IN LOVE with YOU" title was created from silver, glitter alphas and gray, block letters over the top of a scalloped, journaling card.  A yellow, cardstock, sticker tag, laced with a white, string bow, was tucked in behind its top right edge...
and an "adore you.", cardstock, sticker phrase, raised with foam tape, completes the look.
Inspiration for this layout came from The Studio's January 6th Challenge: New Beginnings and ScrapFIT's Warm-Up #35: Negative Punches.  Missy's layout totally reminded me that I had begun a page similar to hers well over a year ago (It was probably closer to two.) and never finished it.  It was originally inspired by a couple of pages I had found in the JBS Design Team Kit Gallery, but I spent over an hour looking for them and came up with nothing, when I decided that there were much better uses for my time.  I did, however, come away completely inspired ;)!  If I remember right, they were designed by the talented Lisa Dickinson.  Anyway, I finally got it done.  Hurray!

Before I run put in another load of laundry and check in on Ezekiel's progress in Arithmetic, I'm just thrilled to share a couple of recognitions with you all.  This layout was named an October Winner at The Studio...
and this baby made me the December Sketch Winner at My Mind's Eye.  Thank you ever so much to all the designers who made said such possible!  My cup runneth over! 
That's all, for today, folks!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have an uber terrific work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Poinsettia Patterns (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9); pink (Bazzill); soft pink floral (SU); pink & brown floral (Webster's Pages); navy & pink stripe, postage stamp, bright yellow floral, & Starter Strip (Sassafras) Ink: White (SU) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Circle Stackers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); butterfly rubon (JBS); white string (Hobby Lobby); bright yellow cardstock sticker tag (Crate Paper); scalloped journaling card (unknown); silver glitter alphas (Pink Paislee); gray block letters & "adore you." cardstock sticker (Simple Stories); heart punch (EK Success)

16 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty layout. Love that you stitched over your grid and then created another kind of grid with the papers over top. Your kudos are well deserved!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous layout! I love what you did with the negative punches!! I think I will have to lift that idea!

Lisa said...

This is precious Jinny! I am in love with your stitched hearts and glittery letters!

Jeanne J said...

Jinny this is gorgeous. I love the sentiment with the photo - another beautifully captured moment in time - a real treasure!

Lynn said...

way to go on the recognition (no surprise there!) your layout makes my heart melt Jinny.

glorygirl said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love all the soft touches to this page. So sweet!

Tracy said...

First off congrats on your honors! :-) You go girl! Now, the grid...pure genius my girl. Awesome effect. Where DO you get all these fantastic ideas. :-) Hugs!

Linda R said...

What an amazing page. It is so pretty. I just love all the stitching..

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Many congrats!! And this is so precious ... beautifully done

Charlene said...

Such a cute layout!!!! Congrats on the recognition!!!

Cheryl said...

This is such a beautiful page with so many fabulous details!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the sewed grid, the hearts and loveeeeeeeeeee that butterfly!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a beautiful layout Jinny!! I love everything about your page and it is a great take on Missy' challenge! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!

pysselpetra said...

beautiful page ♥ Love the stitched grids and the hearts ♥ thanks for playing along at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

Kat said...

very pretty layout!! i love that rub-on!

thanks for playing along with us at the studio!

Anna said...

Lovely layout Jinny! Thanks for joining in with us at The Studio!