Weekend Snapshots

Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Monday, y'all!  I trust that your weekends were full of excitement and rest.  Before I get to ours, I wanted to share these beautiful roses my hubby got me, for my birthday, last week.  There is one for every birthday I've celebrated thus far.  I dare you to count them ;).
And my big kiddo wanted to show you all these salt crystals he's been growing.
He had a basketball game on Saturday morning.  They stomached another loss, but it wasn't quite the blowout they were delivered last week.  I'm just so glad that he's still loving it and meeting new people in the process.  Matter of fact, his coach and his coach's son invited him to see and meet many of the Harlem Globetrotters, at the Sprint Center, on Saturday night, which he just can't stop talking about ;).
 
Since it was a late night, he also stayed over at their house.  So, we had lots of one-on-one time with this cutie, and she was a pure joy!
I had to share a picture of this fabulous, Sweet Potato and Zucchini Frittata, from my Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook, too.  It was simply a way to use up some leftover veggies, so they wouldn't spoil; but gracious me, it was delicious!
I also whipped up a batch of Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies yesterday, for my hubby, who was craving such.  I kinda love him ;).
And finally, just because I think she's ADORABLE, here's another pic of our cutie-pie hamster, Katie.  I think she's probably the most photographed hamster EVER.  LOL!
Thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a blessed, work week!  Hugs!

14 comments:

Annette said...

aww sweet roses and that is so nice that there is one for every birthday celebrated together.. so sweet..

love your photos..the hamster is really too cute..

Lisa said...

Such pretty roses Jinny, bet they smell GREAT! Fun photos and Katie is quite the little diva, just look at that pose...what a ham ~ haha!!!

Charlene said...

I had a hampster growing up!Katie is so cute!!! Your roses are spectular and love all the other pictures!!!TFS and have a wonderful week!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great photos, sounds like a great birthday week! Love that last photo, so cute!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Beautiful roses!
Adorable pics of your kids!
Yummy looking food!
And... your hamster looks just like my daughter's dear departed Hamster, "Hamsterviel" AKA "Boo-Boos"!
I think we may have to fight over the crown of most photgraphed hamster though; I have a whole album dedicated to Boo-Boos!
;0)

Angi said...

Love your fun photos. Katie the hamster is a little cutie too!

Lynn said...

Love the gorgeous roses for you...so so sweet! And the hamster is a cutie!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous roses! Your family photos are so much fun, those cookies and frittata look yummy and that hamster is too cute! Thanks for sharing. =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your roses are beautiful!! I loveeeeeee all the photos!! Totally jealous of the Harlem Globetrotters! I have always wanted to see them!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely roses ... and such fabulous photos ... I really don't know who is the cutest here!

Tracy said...

Oooo hubby did REAL good. :-) I think he just might have deserved those cookies. Great family pics and the hamster is magazine cover worthy. hee hee. Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, loved seeing pics of the family, including little Miss Katie! Never met her before! I love hamsters, and had many (one at a time) over the years.

Jeanne J said...

I love peeking into your blessed life! Your roses are beautiful - what a nice surprise from your sweetie - food looks yummy, kids look happy, and eek! that little hamster - I think she's smiling too!

Jill Norwood said...

Such beautiful birthday roses! Happy Birthday! We are born in the same month! :) Love the sweet pictures - so precious...especially Mr. Hamster at the end! :)