City Crafter Week 147

Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy Monday, y'all!  I hope you had a blessed weekend.  We mostly hung out around home, other than to cheer Ezekiel's basketball team to a win on Saturday.  Woohoo!  I've never seen such a close game in the league he plays through.  It actually had me on the edge of my seat right up until the last second.  Ezekiel has learned so much, and we couldn't be more proud.  Plus, it's just so fun to see him enjoying every ounce of it.

Then, on Sunday, it was just church and a quick stop by the grocery store again to stock up for our next winter storm, which is coming through tonight.  I know lots of people are sick of winter and ready for spring, but I love it to bits!  I mean, it's about time we got some moisture.  Plus, if it has to be this cold, it might as well snow.  Well, despite my enjoyment of our winter weather, the creation I have to share with you all today is definitely a prelude to spring with its bright, cheery palette.  We've got an awful lot of family birthdays coming up, and my stash was running low.  Enjoy!
I started this card by piecing together the lime polka dot and mulit-colored, plaid, patterned papers and stamping the plaid paper, in Rose Red ink, with the row of hearts, which later, received a healthy dose of glitter.
I then filled in the space between the two papers with a die-cut strip of White cardstock, as well as a portion of a paper doily, before framing the prepped piece with both Rose Red cardstock and white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.
The space between the die-cut cardstock and paper doily was wrapped with a length of sheer, white, polka ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the top edge of the prepped piece and embellished with a green button, laced with a hemp twine bow.  The entire thing was then adhered, with foam tape, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face.
The sentiment panel was created by stamping the frame, in Crumb Cake ink, on an ink distressed, White, cardstock die cut.  I then stamped the scalloped circle, in Lucky Limeade ink, in the top center of the stamped frame and highlighted its center with stamped, in Not Quite Navy ink, on a White, cardstock die cut, blueberries, adhered with foam tape.  The blueberries, too, were topped with my favorite, fine dusting of Dazzling Diamonds.  Finally, the sentiment panel was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the "Sweet BIRTHDAY WISHES" sentiment and adhered, with foam tape, in the center of the card face, just to the bottom right of the embellished bow.
Inspiration for this card came from City Crafter Challenge Blog's Week 147: All That Glitters.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a truly terrific, work week! 

{Supplies & Tools} 
Stamps: Fresh Picked – frame, blueberries, & sentiment, Background Builders: Hearts, & Kisses & Cuddles – scalloped circle (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft & White (Wplus9); Rose Red (SU); lime polka dot & multicolored diamond (MME) Ink: Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Finishing Touches Edgelits, Dazzling Diamonds, & button (SU); Label Layers 5 & Fresh Picked – blueberries dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); sheer white polka dot (The Ribbon Reel); doily (Wilton)

16 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

So gorgeous!! Love the stitching, layers, and cheerful spring colors! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Be sure to tell Ezekiel congrats on the win! Fabulous! I am going to call you the glitter enabler :)! This is beautiful!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I'm loving the new blog look, Jinny!

LOVE this card--so much detail! LOVE the glitter and that beautiful twine and ribbon with the button! FAB FAB FAB:)

ps...thanks for leaving some love on my blog while I was away! It was so nice to come home from Jamaica to lots of encouragement and love!! THANK YOU:) I hope to catch up on my blog reader this week--we'll see:) LOL! Hope you are doing well!!

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous! As always love your stitching!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet card! I am loving all the sparkle!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love the colors and those hearts!!!

blsd2scrp said...

love all the details! wow! that's alot of glitter!! fun card!

Lisa said...

Full of fun Jinny! Love the sparkle and the springy plaid paper. Give Ezekiel a high five from me and a big congrats on their win ;)

Angi said...

Beautiful design! Love the button and string too!

Ros Crawford said...

As always Jinny ... one beautiful card ... gorgeous design and perfectly executed ... Love the glitter! Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Charlene said...

Peeeerfect Jinny!! I always love your cards!! Stay safe and warm !!Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

Linda R said...

Ahhhh... what a sweet card. I love how you used all that glitter. I am so happy you played along with us over at CCCB!

Hugs~

Annette said...

wow wee totally gorgeous...love those adorable hearts too...great card..

Ashley Horton said...

Very pretty Jinny!! Love the patterned paper on this card and the colors look great together!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

A beautifully done project, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Jeanne J said...

You know I'm lovin all the glitter Jinny! Those blueberries got me thinking of your pancakes!