Family Update

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hey, y'all!  Thank you again for all your super, sweet comments throughout the Wplus9 Design release!  It means so much to me to hear from you, and I hope that you've got lots of new goodies, making their way to your mailboxes even as this post goes live.  Anyway, while all that was happening, as a family, we had an awful lot going on behind the scenes, beginning with a trip to the Kansas City Zoo for a homeschool class.  The kiddos learned a lot about the characteristics for classifying animals and even got to see some critters up close and personal.
Yes, those are hissing cockroaches my daughter is touching.  We had lots of these critters, in an aquarium, in my high school Zoology class; and I'm telling you, even after all those introductions, I'm still convinced that God was having a bad day, or probably more like second, when he created those guys.
Isn't this the cutest face?!  She belongs to a dear friend of mine, and I just love her to bits!
Then, we went over to check on the critters in The Tropics building...
as well as to meet the newest member of the zoo.  This is Berlin, and she's a 500 lb., 23-year-old, female, polar bear.  We only got a quick glimpse of her, as she was more interested in bumping noses with her male counterpart, Nikita, behind the scenes.  They haven't yet been put on display together, as the zoo staff is trying to get them used to one another first.  Nikita is more than twice her size, and if things don't go well during that first meeting without barriers, she'll be in big trouble.
Ezekiel also had Awana Quiz, in Liberty, Missouri, on Saturday.  Quiz tests the kids on material and scriptures in their handbooks and manuals and provides individual recognition and rewards.  It was kind of a bummer, this year, in that Ezekiel was the only one, from his club, that qualified to be quizzed in the second book.  So, that meant that he automatically wasn't getting the bonus points from having a partner.  In turn, he only had the ability to capture half of the points the rest of the clubs did, and he missed a couple.  He was pleased as punch with his fourth place finish, though.
This was the face he made, when one of the kids buzzed in before the Quiz Master had completed his question.  LOL!  Some of those kids know their books so well, they know where things are going before they even get started.
It was a long morning, and poor Adina just wasn't having it...
but she pulled herself together after a quick lunch and made it through Ezekiel's basketball game, not only with flying colors...
but also to help pass out game awards in the locker room.  And they got their first win, too!  Go, Slammers!
And just for fun, I had to throw in this one of my kiddos, sharing a seat and eating popcorn, during family movie night...
as well as this cutie of Adina, hanging out in our linen closet.  I was washing sheets, and she turned their spot, in the closet, into a cozy, little home.
Oh!  And tonight, for dinner, we tried The Pioneer Woman's Butternut Squash and Kale Quesadillas.  Yum-O!  LOVE the sweetness!  To be fair, we also tried Sunflower Chippers (sunflower seed and chocolate chip cookies) for Ezekiel.  He found a recipe in one of his Kansas books.  If you'll recall, we're doing a unit study on our state.  So, I was happy to oblige, but they just weren't good enough to share.  Fortunately, he loved 'em to bits.  LOL!
That just about covers all the big stuff between cooking, cleaning, school, church activities, dance, the Superbowl, and everything else.  I think I need a nap!  Someday, I'm going to miss all the busyness, though.  So, I'm trying to enjoy every ounce of it, while I can.  I'm off to watch The Bachelor.  Are y'all watching?  Thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a great night!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love your photos!!! Looks like a great time!!!

Lisa said...

Whew now I think I need a nap! Thanks for sharing all of the fun zoo photos Jinny, hope the polar bears take a liking to each other ;) The pic of the kids together in the chair is adorable, Ezekiel sure is growing!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love these updates! Way to go Ezekiel!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lots of fun things were happening! My son would have loved the Zoo.

Tracy said...

I don't know how you guys find the time to pack all that stuff in. LOL YAY for Ezekiel's team! :-) I'm playing a bit of catch up, but wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your W9 posts. You're a perfect designer for their products. Hugs!

Kim Ryden said...

There's my little man...wanting to touch those cockroaches again. Silly Noah!