February CARDS Blog Challenge

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wplus9 Design is sponsoring this month's February CARDS Blog Challenge over at CREATE:, and Hannah asked all of us Wplus9 gals to join in, giving y'all a little, additional inspiration.  LOVE to!  So, here goes!  Oh, and for some reason, my camera doesn't like transparencies, so there's a bit of a glare.  Just ignore that ;).  It's not going away.
I started this card by cutting the scalloped square, from a clear transparency, with my Cameo; securing it in the center of an aqua, stripe square of patterned paper; paper piercing around its scalloped edges; stitching the two pieces together, to form a pocket, with white string, tied, in a bow, in its upper right corner; and adhering the created piece to the Kraft, cardstock, card face.
Before I sealed the pocket closed, I filled it with a bunch of red, confetti hearts; die cut, from White cardstock, mini stars; and fine glitter.
It was then topped with a white embossed, with both the stitched border and words "BE MINE", die cut, vellum circle, which was further embellished with a stamped, in Pool Party ink, on a White, cardstock die cut, banner, which was filled in with the stamped, in Riding Hood Red ink, "my valentine" sentiment, as well as a stamped, in Riding Hood Red ink, on White cardstock, hand cut, and glittered heart bubble and red button, laced with hemp twine.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to check out the sketch for yourself.  It wasn't working with my PC, but I'll swipe it from the CARDS Blog and update my post, for you all, when I can.  Here you go, friends!  Just leave a comment, at the challenge link above, with a direct link to your project, by Monday, February 18, 2013, for your chance to win those Wplus9 goodies.
Thanks, as always, for taking time out of your busy schedules to stop by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Folk Art Flurries - stitched circle & Love You More - sentiment, banner, & heart bubble (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft & White (Wplus9); transparency (Papertrey Ink); vellum (Paper Studio); aqua stripe (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Pool Party & Riding Hood Red (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: Lacey Layers - circle, Clear Cut Stackers: Stars, & Banner Trio dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); red button (Blumenthal Lansing); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); white string & heart confetti (Hobby Lobby); Dazzling Diamonds & paper piercing kit (SU); 4 Scalloped Squares & Cameo (Silhouette); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); white embossing powder (Ranger)

16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

oooh so pretty! I love those sugary hearts and the twine border is terrific!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love love that pocket of hearts!!!

Annette said...

wow you are so amazing... i love how you did the stitching...that is amazing... and those hearts..girl this is just perfect.. love it

Kim Ryden said...

Super, super ADOEABLE! I love it!

Lisa said...

What a FUN idea to make the pocket and THEN fill it with sparkly little hearts! Cute card Jinny ;)

Jill Norwood said...

I love your card! The clear pocket with confetti and all the wonderful details! So fun!
Blessings to you and yours too!
Jill

Debbie said...

Cute, cute, cute, Jinny! All those little hearts made me smile! Love the new look of your blog -- your little sweet potatoes look adorable on the clothesline! Hugs - xoxoxo

Angi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the little hearts too!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this! That stitching and confetti, fantastic!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Jinny! I love all the sparkle and heart confetti....such a great Valentine!!

Diana Fisher said...

Great job with the sketch! I just ran into it on the CARDS blog and I saved it to play along. Looks like a challenging one to tackle. Yours is amazing!

Tracy said...

Absolutely fabulous! So creative and fun Jinny! Your rock girl! Hugs!

Barb said...

gorgeous! love your take on the sketch...your card has such a romantic feel with the floating hearts and glitter!

Monika/Buzsy said...

WOW! Fabulous card Jinny. Love the shaker part. The stitching looks amazing. I will have to pin this for sure. :)

Larissa Heskett said...

I totally LOVE your BEAUTIFUL and FUN Card!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! I'm looking forward to playing along!! =)

Cheryl said...

So fun and pretty! I love the stitching!