February Daily Dozen

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's Wednesday, folks!  And that means we're half way through the week.  Woohoo!  I'm so ready for a little break from school, and I'm thinking we might just make it a three day weekend along with the rest of our city workers.  That will give me a chance to write Ezekiel's next history test, schedule doctor appointments, and look into standardized testing, not to mention regain my sanity.  Yep!  It's decided.  We're taking Monday off ;).  Anyway, I just wanted to share yesterday's February Daily Dozen pics, as inspired by Elizabeth Kartchner.  I haven't yet scrapped January's.  Actually, they haven't yet been printed, but they are sitting in my photo cart.  One day at a time, y'all.  One day at a time.  So, this month's pics began with a little, kitchen, clean-up help from my littlest.
After she was dressed and settled into a movie, and Ezekiel was well underway with his arithmetic, I jumped in the shower with this enormous ant.  LOL!  I'm telling y'all, on nearly a daily basis, I pull back the shower curtain to find any number of plastic critters from dinosaurs to ladybugs or sharks to bunnies.
Then, it was time for a little reading.
When Ezekiel was done with language, he pulled Adina away from her princesses to play a quick game for break.
That's when the mail came with valentines for my kiddos from their Great Aunt Pam and Uncle Chuck.
Then, it was back to our studies...
before a scrumptious lunch of homemade macaroni and cheese with butternut squash filler, apples, and carrot slices.
Because it was uber chilly with our overcast skies and wind, we got our exercise running around playing with the Nerf guns.
While Adina settled in for a nap, and Ezekiel finished up his seatwork, I cut out lots of parts and pieces to put together our valentines, which is exactly what we were doing, when my hubby got home from work.
Then, he helped Ezekiel finish up his history assignment...
while I started dinner, which I built around a new recipe, Vegetable Fried Rice with grilled chicken.  It was pretty tasty, too; but since I'm a demi-vegetarian and didn't eat the chicken, I was hungry an hour later.  So, because it was super similar to my usual, chicken stir-fry, with a little more filling honey-peanut sauce, which my littlest likes a lot more, it probably won't replace it.
A quick pickup of my kiddos' game of Mouse Trap, and it was time for baths and bedtime.
I just love how these days help capture everyday moments of which I otherwise would forget to take pictures.  Someday, they'll be lots of fun to reminisce over.  Well, that covers it, for today, y'all!  Thanks, as always, for checking in on us, and have a truly wonderful Wednesday!

9 comments:

Annette said...

what a great post..your kids are adorable and love that you find plastic bugs everyday...so fun...thanks for sharing..

Miriam Prantner said...

Great photos/recap, how nice to be able to capture a slice of life!

Janet Perafan-Babar said...

Oh my! I gasped out loud at that ant, thought it was real! My eyes saw before they read! LOL! Wow, I tried the homeschooling for them before grade K, and continued with supplemental work throughout the grades for my three. It is exhausting to plan and have their work prepared every day. I fall behind a lot. And this is everyday for you! You are doing a great job, Momma! xoxo

Lisa said...

Fun pics Jinny! Even plastic ants that big could give a girl a squeal!!

Charlene said...

I'd freak to see that anteven with it being fake lol!! Love the recap and pics Jinny!!

Barb said...

I'm gonna need to admit to having a collection of Little People. I love 'em! There. I feel better already lol

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!! I love mouse trap!! Great photos!!!

Jennifer said...

Fake or not that ant was a scare! Lol thanks for sharing all these great pics...your kids are adorable =)

Ros Crawford said...

I love reading about your day ... what a lovely Mum you are and what a lovely family ... It's so heartwarming when we see some of the things going on today .. TFS