Happy Valentine's Day

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hey, y'all!  I hope you've all enjoyed your Valentine's Days so far.  My boys are off at basketball practice, and us girls are making heaps and heaps of heart-shaped, sugar cookies.  But I just didn't want to let today pass without sharing the valentines my kiddos made for their friends, like I promised.  We found our inspiration here and had lots of help making cut files, for my new Cameo, from my hubby, which sure made things a breeze.  Thanks, Baby!  Anyway, here they are having fun...
putting together these cuties.
Other than a little Basic Gray and Riding Hood Red cardstock, the rest of the paper came right from my scrap bins.  I just cut up lots and let my kiddos put together their own color schemes.  A couple of wonky, google eyes and die cut, using Wplus9's Pretty Patches: Tree die, heart, to which I added a little Crystal Effects, are the perfect finishing touches.  The bodies are Hershey Minis, wrapped in more patterned paper...
and the backs were stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment, as well as the "TO:" and "FROM:" blanks, both of which came from Wplus9's Bitty Buddy Valentines.
Aren't they just the cutest?!  And that's not even the half of it.  I just adore watching my kiddos enjoy the creating process.  Sigh.  Well, I'd better go get my little girl out of the tub, because these cookies are cool and anxious to be frosted and decorated.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous rest of your night!  Hugs!

10 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Happy (late) Valentine's Day Jinny. These are soooo cute! Neat idea.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! Their Valentine's are adorable!! LOVE them!!

Jennifer said...

These are the sweetest! What a great way to use up scraps too...love that little robot, too cute. Happy Valentines Day!

Lisa said...

LOVE the bird's eye view shot Jinny, were you standing on a chair ~it's very cute! I love this little robot with a candy bar tummy idea. I'll have to tell my DIL (1st grade) teacher about this one!! Your kiddos did a FANTASTIC job ~ give them a little high five from me ;)

Ashley Horton said...

These are too cute Jinny!! Love the way you re-wrapped the candies and used them as part of those fun robots!!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE those valentines! How fun!

Lynn said...

Love their valentines and a big well done for BJ on the Cameo!!

Tracy said...

Absolutely fabulous idea! These couldn't be any cuter Jinny. Your kiddos have picked up on your creative genes. Hugs!

Julie Marshall said...

Jinny...these are just adorable! What a great idea! How fun that they got to make them too. TFS.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Happy belated V-Day to you and your family!!!!!