MME January Sketch

Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Monday, y'all!  I hope you all had blessed weekends!  We found a little time to do some more organizing.  I'm in the mode ;)!  In turn, that led to some cleaning and shopping in attempts to make our little home bigger and better.  I know bigger isn't always better, but that's just not the case with our 920 square feet, two kids, and one dog.  In that light, bigger is ALWAYS better ;).  I'm not sure where I was going with all that.  I don't think that I got enough sleep last night, but I do know that I was popping in here to share a layout of my biggest kiddo, when he was only four-years-old.  It's ever so sweet!  Check it out!
I started this page by adhering a strip of stitched, denim, patterned paper near the bottom right of the green, grid, base page and inking over it, in White ink, with an alphabet stencil.  I then layered both a piece of lime polka dot and red, chevron, patterned paper, as well as a navy transparency, over the denim, patterned paper and stenciling; anchored them with white-threaded, straight, double, machine stitches; and stamped the first, vertically and in Jet Black ink, with the "THIS MOMENT.  THIS STORY.  THIS EXPERIENCE.  THIS LIFE." strip and journaling lines which read, When you gotta go, you gotta go.  And that means in the bushes, when there's not a potty around.  June 17, 2008.  A strip of stamped, in Jet Black ink, slash marks grounds the journaling.
After adhering my photo, which has been modified for public consumption ;), I stamped the "HELLO!  MY NAME IS" card, in Riding Hood Red ink, on White cardstock; hand cut it out; adhered it, with foam tape, tucked under the photo; and filled it in with "CUTE", dimensional stickers, trimmed with a hemp twine bow.
A stamped, in Jet Black ink, flower and Cameo cut, from yellow, polka dot, patterned paper, "CAPTURED" arrow...
turn out attention to the "LIVE life" title, which was created from an ivory, stencil card, which was backed with an aqua, number, patterned paper and anchored, across its top edge, with more white-threaded, straight, double, machine stitches, and textured, white cardstock.  The left side of the stencil card was further embellished with a yellow, chevron, journaling card; more stamped, in Jet Black ink, slash marks; and a "Special notes:" tag, used to journal, letterboxing in Colorado Springs, CO.  Another stamped, in Jet Black ink, flower, as well as a trio of color-coordinating buttons and lots of little Rain Dots, completes the look.
Inspiration for this layout came from My Mind's Eye's January Sketch, which I rotated 90 degrees to the left.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, and have a great week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Memorable "Hello" Decorative Stamps - flower & "HELLO" tag (My Mind's Eye); Great Big Greetings - slash marks (MSS); Today You - "THIS MOMENT" strip & journaling lines (Technique Tuesday) Paper: Whisper White (SU); textured white (Bazzill); aqua numbered, green plaid, denim, yellow polka dot, red chevron, lime polka dot, & navy transparency (My Mind's Eye) Ink: White (Wplus9); Riding Hood Red & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); red button (Blumenthal Lansing); aqua button, yellow chevron journaling card, & "CUTE" dimensional stickers (My Mind's Eye); yellow button (SU); Rain Dots (Cloud 9); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); Chevron Arrow Border & Cameo (Silhouette); "LIVE" stencil card (Fancy Pants); "Special notes:" tag (Elle's Studio); alphabet stencil (JBS)

14 comments:

Angi said...

Love that you added denim. Such a fun page!

Lisa said...

giggle giggle giggle!!! Very cute Jinny, love the denim and the "captured" arrow pointing at him!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Hilarious! I love it Jinny! (He will not be happy about this one later on in life, but really, what are mothers for?) hee hee

Tracy said...

LOL This is priceless Jinny! He's not going to thank you when he's older, but it couldn't be cuter. :-) Hugs!

blsd2scrp said...

love the layering! this is really great!

Lynn said...

Cracking up about the bigger being better!! :) Hope you get some more sleep tonight my friend.

And oh what a sweet layout of Ezekiel! It's adorable!

Charlene said...

Cleaning and organizing always makes me feel better!!! This LO is TOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

Jeanne J said...

OMG Jinny you cracked me up! You are going to pay for this in about 5 years! He's going to remind you - but thankfully he will have to go back post after post after post. You have a good leg to stand on though - everything is covered (that censored sign is perfect), and who hasn't had to go?

~Tammy~ said...

I am still giggling Jinny! What wonderful memories! Love this layout! Love the colors!

ferrellgraph-x said...

I love it! This memory could not be anymore perfect! Hehehe, boys!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! Tooooooooooo cute!!! I just loveeeeeeee this!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Oh My Goodness, I love that photo!! Too funny!! Loving the Primary colors you added on this one Jinny...so great for a little boy layout!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Tee-hee-hee! Awesome!

Julie Marshall said...

Ha Ha! I adore that 'Censored' layout. Too cute! We have a couple of these shots of my son. How fun!