ScrapFriends Sketch #10 & CMS #28

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Tuesday, y'all!  We're off and rolling with breakfast in our tummies and school underway, but before we get too far into the day, I wanted to share a layout with you all.  Enjoy!
I started this layout by inking the honeycomb, onto the notebook, patterned, paper, base page, with Wild Honey Distress Ink, through a stencil.  I then pieced a trio of patterned papers, one of which was punched, across its top edge, into and overlapping the bottom right corner of the design, before tucking a red-framed tag, which I also laced with a Baker's Twine bow, as well as "harmony" and "LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE" stickers, under their top edge; anchored them with black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches; and finished the look with a red button, laced with white string.
I then created a frame, around the edges of the entire page, with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  After adhering my photographs, a couple of which I popped up with foam tape, and one of which I wrapped with Baker's Twine, tied in a bow, I tucked a trio of patterned, paper pennants (Two of these were die cuts, and the third was hand cut, using the previous ones as a template.) under the bottom edges of the top corner photos...
and a "snapshot details: date:" 3.12.10 tag under their top edges.
A quartet of bumblebees were then stamped, in Jet Black ink, throughout the page itself.  Their stripes were colored with So Saffron ink, and their wings were glittered.  One of them also received a stamped, in Jet Black ink, trail, which places him in precisely the right spot to help me create the "want 2 {bee} like U" title, which was completed with blue, foam, glitter alphas; red, foam, glitter Thickers; and red, block letters.
Inspiration for this layout came from ScrapFriends' Sketch Challenge #10...
and Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #28.
I also saved a few of the pages my kiddos painted that day and love that I can just tuck them into a sleeve right next to this page and not have colors competing with my design.  That's all for today, folks!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have an amazing day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds and the Bees (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); blue polka dot (Paper Studio); notebook, red chevron, & yellow polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: So Saffron & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black & Wild Honey (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); honeycomb stencil (JBS); Spiral punch & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); "snapshot details:" tag (Elle's Studio); patterned pennants (My Mind's Eye); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); red foam glitter alphas (Making Memories); blue foam glitter Thickers (American Crafts); red block letters (Cosmo Cricket); "harmony" & "LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE" stickers (K&Company); red framed tag (Bella Blvd.); red button (PTI); white string (Hobby Lobby)

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Jinny this gave me a BIG smile! It's full of happiness. Love the colors, the honeycomb design and the little bees buzzing about! SUPER DUPER ;)

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely ... I just love the words on this LO ...

Sanna Lippert said...

beautiful laoyut! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!

blsd2scrp said...

love how bright and energetic this layout is! the details and elements are excellent! :)

Jeanne J said...

I love all the bright colors with the photos of the kids - it just screams FUN! So many great details you totally rocked this Jinny!

Lizzy Hill said...

I LOVE this - the colours, the boldness, the little details, but most of all the bees!!!! Great job - so pleased you joined us at SF:):)

Lynn said...

All the geometric patterns really make this page pop! Love the twine wrapped around the picture too!

Ashley Horton said...

I love how bright and fun this layout is, Jinny! The inked Hexagon pattern looks great and I love the great texture from the twine! I didn't realize you homeschooled, but just saw it in your info at the top. We do too and we are on our 2nd year, so far...a 1st Grader and then we have another starting Kindergarten in the Fall!! :)

Diana Fisher said...

Really love the yellow honeycomb look in the background! Nice touch!!

Angi said...

What an adorable page! I love the happy colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet page Jinny. Love the fun colors and the patterns. The little bees and honeycomb background looks awesome... also like the glittery letters. Creative!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

What a clever title! I love your design and the bold colors too!!! Great job!!!Thanks for playing along at SF!!!

Lene said...

This was a really cool page! Love the bright colors and the cute pictures!