Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I cannot tell you how glad I am that we took a little break from school yesterday.  I got all the nagging items checked off my to-do list, but if you would've asked me if I was glad yesterday am, I would've totally said, "Not at all."  I was having so much trouble getting anything accomplished with two kiddos anxious to go for a walk, but it was raining, or to get to the library, which was closed in honor of President's Day.  Adina finally settled in with a short movie, which gave Ezekiel and I time to work on the cover of his Kansas notebook.  We've officially covered all the material necessary in our six-week, unit study, and tomorrow is his final test.  He couldn't be any more proud of all that he's accomplished and just loves his notebook to bits!  Last week, I asked him to design the cover; and within about five minutes, he had this drawn up.  He was excited to put my Cameo to work creating all the text but cut the state silhouette and sunflower from cardstock on his own.
So, anyway, before I get to those weekend photos, I wanted to share a few pictures of our Valentine's Day.  It began with gifts...
and valentine pancakes.
Then, we were off to the Kansas City Zoo for this month's homeschool program.  While the big kids studied kangaroos...
us moms and little kids spent a lot of time watching the polar bears, Nikita and Berlin, who are now enjoying one another's company.  The zoo staff tells us that Berlin is super bossy, but Nikita is young enough that he is pretty laid back about the whole thing at least for right now.  The one interaction we did see between the two was her slapping him away from HIS breakfast.  Oh, my!
We were blessed to have reasonably nice weather.  So, we made our way around to a few of the other outdoor animals as well...
before posing for one last pic and heading home.
Like I said last week, the boys had basketball practice that night.  So, we had a super quick dinner together.  Then, Adina and I made and decorated Valentine's Day cookies.
On Friday morning, Adina had her last dance class of this session.  She's decided to take a little break from it for now.  I don't think that she's enjoying the dynamic of the girls in her class very much, and right now, it's all about fun for her, as it should be ;).  Anyway, here's a few pics of that last day...
and with her sweet teacher.
My parents came up around lunch, so my hubby and I could go out for a belated, Valentine's Day dinner.  So fun!  We went to The Cheesecake Factory and had an amazing dinner followed by a yummy Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake to share.
We just don't get to do this often enough.  It's so refreshing to have that time to reconnect and enjoy one another's, uninterrupted company.
My parents stayed over at our place, so we even got to go to the theatre to see Safe Haven.  I forgot how fun it is to see a new movie with a crowd, but I was still surprised not to hear sniffles from anyone but myself ;).
Ezekiel had another basketball game on Saturday morning.  Adina seems to be the only sibling cheering on the team, and sometimes, I think she thinks she's part of it ;).
Afterwards, we all grabbed a little lunch at Red Robin and said goodbye, for now, to Grandpa and Grandma.  What a blessing it was to get to see my Dad doing so well after his accident, too!  He'll be back to his busy, perky self in no time :).
I just love weekend visitors!  Well, I guess that I should say MOST weekend visitors.  LOL!  Thanks so much for checking in on us, y'all, and have a terrific Tuesday!  It looks like we're in for big winter storm tomorrow, and I'm thinking I need to grab a few things to get us through should it really arrive.  Be blessed!

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Sounds like a wonderful if not busy weekend ... I love the photos ... the cheesecake looks so delicious!

Lynn said...

So awesome to see your dad doing so well...and the pictures are all fabulous. Love Adina in her dance leotard. She is beyond adorable!

Charlene said...

WOW girl, you lead a very busy but fun life!! I remember those days lol, now it's so quiet at my house, unless the grandkids come over and then I love al the activity!! LOVE your pictures, and your Dad looks wonderful :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You had a busy and fun weekend! I loveeeeeeeee all the photos! And I just finished reading Safe Haven!! I can't wait to see the movie... I am hoping the ending is close to the book as it was intense!!!!

Tracy said...

I admire you so much for the time and effort you put into your children. It's sad to say that that is not the norm now a days. You're going to have some awesome kids, ummm I mean grown ups. They're already awesome kids. :-) Thanks for sharing yourself with us Jinny. Hugs!

Linda R said...

Well it looks like a happy weekend. I really enjoyed seeing all your photos. Your kids are adorable. I
sure do miss having kids around. I was preschool teacher for 7 years and sure do miss there cute little stories. But in another couple of months I will get to see my grandson. I can't wait.

Hugs~

Laurie said...

Awesome pics from a fun weekend! It's good to see your parents! I remember them from years ago! (Still crazy to me! ) lol

Lisa said...

Thanks for all of the great pics Jinny i do enjoy them! Wonderful to see you dad looking so well too ;) ~ hugs girly and have a great day!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such wonderful times. I remember when our children were that age how much fun we had going to the zoo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/