Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

With more snow pouring down outside our doors this am, I just had to pop in here to share some weekend pics of my kiddos enjoying their time in the first round.  We got about a foot of super wet, beautiful snow, which couldn't be any more perfect for the new seed my hubby just laid on our lawn.
As soon as it started, Adina propped her stuffed critters in her bedroom window to watch.  She reminds me so much of myself at her age :).
And you just gotta love a helpful neighbor, even if the street plows threw it all back.  Sigh.  Thanks, Rick!
We've been totally enjoying every minute of it, especially once the snow hardened enough to make a great slope for sledding.  Well, that, AND the fact that my hubby has been getting lots more work done at home than at his office.
I also couldn't resist sharing these sweet pics of my kiddos enjoying an animal book on Ezekiel's Nook.  I just adore those moments, when my big kiddo actually acts like the big kiddo and treats his little sister with kindness and love.  I keep hoping that, with age and maturity, they'll become more frequent in number; but until then, I'm relishing in what I can get.
Well, I'm off to finish up yesterday's laundry and help with up our studies.  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  That swing, that my daughter is sitting on above, is no longer swinging free, and this round is worrying me a bit more with how much it's sticking to power lines and tree branches.  So, stay safe and warm out there! 

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Ginny thanks for sharing the photos of your very happy children! So sweet. I take it that snow is not the norm for you?

Jinny Newlin said...

Not these amounts. Plus, we haven’t gotten much in the last two years. Thus, the drought we’re in. Sigh. Thanks so much for peeking in, Tracey! Have a great day!

Annette said...

wow look at all that snow...looks fun but I bet you are getting tired of it.. your kids are so adorable...thanks for sharing..

Lisa said...

Max would beside himself if he had that much snow to romp in! The kiddos look like they were having a great time. Love the final photo, cute shot Jinny! Hope you don't lose power, be safe and warm ~ hugs ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

GREAT photos! I love the animals in the window! I came home the other day and all the stuffed animals that they could find were lined up in several rows in the basement....to watch the girls dancing! And kindness and love between siblings....it's always there, but not so often evident, huh?

Angi said...

Look at all that snow! It's sunny and warm here in Texas. Love the photo of the little critters. So cute.

And thanks for your sweet comments over on the MFW blog. Hugs! :)

Lynn said...

I love their smiles. They are precious. And the two of them together on the Nook are priceless.

Jennifer said...

Adorable! Wow, that's a lot of snow....looks like fun. Enjoy the snuggles, stay warm and safe =)

Diana Fisher said...

I love her pink coat!! Perfect for snowy pictures!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love the pics!!! Those ones with them reading to each other are PRECIOUS!!

Jeanne J said...

YAY! Snow day!! Love how the kids look all full of energy at the beginning of the post - by the end everyone looks all tired out!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what lovely photos ... you have adorable children!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! LOVING all of the Great pics!! Glad to get caught up on some of my favorite blogs!! I have been out with the New Baby, but I am getting caught up and it is so nice!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)