CCG235

Friday, March 8, 2013

Hey, y'all!  Happy Friday!  I'm just thrilled to be here sharing another scrumptious palette from Color Combos Galore.  So, let's get right to it.  Shall we?
I started this layout by white embossing a background of vintage seals on the ink distressed, mint, base page.  I then gold embossed a trio of frames and stamped a number of framed circles, which were later glittered, in Cajun Craze ink before layering lots of yummy tidbits, including a pink, die cut doily; vintage check, anchored, across its bottom edge, with double, white-threaded, straight, machine stitches; ornate, gold, frame die cut; and a strip of pink, stripe, patterned paper, punched with hearts and secured, across its top edge, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches and, across its bottom, with gold, polka dot, Washi tape.
After matting my photograph with Whisper White cardstock, I tucked a scrap of pink, houndstooth, patterned paper, which was anchored, across its top edge, with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, under the top edge of the vintage check.  Just behind the top edge of the photograph, I tucked a rust-colored die cut, which I turned into a tag with just a little, punched circle; reinforcement label; and white string, tied in a bow, as well as a white, paper doily and "MEMORIES", cardstock, sticker tab.
A "cherished", cardstock, sticker banner dresses up the top, left corner of my picture...
and a "LITTLE LADY", die cut title grounds it.
A little journaling, which reads, There's just something about that face that makes my heart melt to bits, as well as April 14, 2012, 3 years, finishes the bulk of the design...
but I just couldn't call it quits without that faux, envelope closure, inspired by the sketch below, at the top.  It was created from a cut portion of patterned paper, which was anchored, with double, white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, across its top edge and dressed up with a "ONE SPECIAL DAY", cardstock sticker.  It was then secured with two, die-cut, from Kraft cardstock, and ink distressed circles whose centers were embellished with gold eyelets.  A little, white string wraps up the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from My Mind's Eye's March Challenge: Use Our Die Cuts! and ScrapFriend's Sketch Challenge #11.
And here's this week's Inspiration Board #235 to get you started.
I was inspired by Inspiration Photo #2 to Focus on Product: Frames, which I've tied in with stamps and die cuts, even the heart punch with that little, vintage, black and white image.  But I was also inspired by Inspiration Photo #1 to Focus on Texture: Embossing.  Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the month, on Sunday, March 31, 2013, to add your projects, tagged CCG235, to our photo gallery.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a super, blessed weekend!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Bitty Buddy Valentines - striped frame, Le Cirque - scalloped frame, & Very Vintage Greetings - double frame (Wplus9); Memorable "Hello" Decorative Stamps - framed circle (My Mind's Eye) Paper: Whisper White (SU); Kraft (Wplus9); all patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Cajun Craze (SU); Black (Marvy); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Lacey Layers die - circles (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); gold & white embossing powders (Ranger); vintage seal stencil & check (Jenni Bowlin); gold eyelets, eyelet setter, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); white string & white paper doily (Hobby Lobby); "ONE SPECIAL DAY" & "cherished" cardstock stickers, pink enamel dots, & rust tag, gold frame, pink scalloped doily, & "LITTLE LADY" die cuts (My Mind's Eye); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); heart punch (EK Success); white reinforcement label & hole punch (office supply store); gold polka dot Washi Tape (Paper Issues); "MEMORIES" cardstock sticker tab (Basic Grey)

24 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute cute cute! I love love love love that photo, the colors and the little frames!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

You did awesome w/ the sketch! Wow! You really rocked the whole layered design of the original!!

Annette said...

oh my word this might just be one of my favorites... what a beautiful layout.. i love all that amazing detail..great designing Jinny... love it..

Have a wonderful weekend..

Lynn said...

A beautiful little lady with a beautiful layout! Perfection Jinny! Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Lisa said...

Jinny I am in love with all of the details you added here. A darling picture of Adina and the polka dot tab along the top is delightful!

Charlene said...

STUNNING!!!! Would you look at the gold, One of my fav's!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally AWESOME LO...you rocked our Scrap Friends sketch...LOVE the colours & the layered up embellies....wouldn't mind your handwriting, either, actually:):):) Thanks for joining us at SF!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

I just adore your creativity ... so much detail in this page and did I ever tell you I love your handwriting!

Thamar, said...

hoi hoi

love it, super lo.
have a nice weeekend.
gr Thamar

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!!!

Linda R said...

WOW!! Your page has so much wonderful detail. I just love it. Lots of yummy layers to look at. Well done my friend.

Hugs~

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful layout, Jinny. Love all the embellishments and the adorable picture. And love that you always include how you came up with these beautiful creations. Have a great weekend! ^_^

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous layout Jinny! I am LOVING all the layers and that gorgeous photo, and that faux envelope closure is so fun!

Tracy said...

This has got to be one of my most favorite layouts from you Jinny. he photo focal point has so many great elements, but I'm just as drawn to the top section with those great string wrappie things. Yes that is a technical term. LOL Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Kelly said...

So adorable...I wouldn't have changed a thing about your design this week, Jinny :) You always have a fabulous take on sketches - I don't do well with page sketches for some reason, but I love this :)

Angi Barrs said...

What an adorable little lady and page! Fab embossing too!

Jeanne J said...

Hate to tell you Jinny but your daughters sweet smile just steals the show - she's the better creation anyway so I guess it's only fair! Beautiful layout!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a darling page Jinny. Love the pretty colors, the beautiful picture... the layers and embossed images look great.

Thamar, said...

hoi hoi

nice of you to visit my blog. your layout is absolutely wonderful.
have a nice day
groetjes Thamar

Diana Fisher said...

I love all of the extra little touches on this layout! And the picture is too sweet! Cute!

Sanna Lippert said...

such a beautiful take on the sketch! thanks for joining us at ScrapFriends!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Just gorgeous!

Leeann Pearce said...

Oh I just adore you page totally sweet and the gold is such a fabulous touch too! thanks for playing at SF!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fabulous photo and wonderful layout! Love the layers and stamping.:)