MFW: Chevron Challenge

Monday, March 18, 2013

Hey, y'all!  Just popping in, on this chilly, Monday morning, to share a card I made in honor of yesterday's St. Patrick's Day holiday.  Sorry I'm a little late.  Enjoy!
I started this card by inking a piece of White cardstock, with the chevron stripes, from top to bottom, in Barn Door, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, and Dusty Concord Distress Inks.  I then inked the edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen Distress Inks and spritzed over the whole thing with water, just to blend the inks a bit more, before framing it with Wild Wasabi cardstock; stamping the "Oh, Happy Day!" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a vellum, banner die cut; and machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the prepped piece's edges.
I then stamped the clover stems in Jet Black ink and leaves in Garden Green ink, the prior on the prepped piece itself and the latter on White, cardstock die cuts.  The leaves were then adhered, with foam tape, in their respective locations and had their center's dressed with green buttons, laced with hemp twine, before the entire thing was adhered, with foam tape, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face.
Inspiration for this card came from the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Thanks so much for peeking in!  Have a blessed, work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Heartfelt Mix - hearts & stems (Wplus9); Simple Salutations - sentiment (Market Street Stamps) Paper: White & Kraft (Wplus9); Wild Wasabi (SU); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Garden Green (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Jet Black, Barn Door, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, & Dusty Concord (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Hearts & Clouds & Banner Trio dies (Wplus9); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); chevron template (Jenni Bowlin); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); buttons (Harmonie)

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute card Jinny! I like the rainbow of chevrons behind your sweet shamrocks!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Jinny this is absolutely my new favourite card of yours! Hands down and drop dead gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Super cute, love your chevron background!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun card! I love the rainbow chevron paper and the fun patterns you used on the shamrocks.

Charlene said...

Seriously love!!!!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous Jinny! I LOVE how you used the hearts to make the shamrock! And, those rainbow chevrons are awesome!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. Divine!!!!

Annette said...

wow this is fabulous and I really love that chevron background.. awesome..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! I love love love this!!! LOVING the rainbow chevrons and loveeeeeeeeeeee the shamrocks!! Pinning this!!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is super cute Jinny!! I love that fun ombre effect you created with the inks and the chevron mask! And the shamrocks are too cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

This is totally AWESOME!!! That is all.

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card ... I love the chevrons and the clover is just beautiful!

Tracy said...

Fabulous! Those inked chevrons look so amazing and I love the rainbow of colors. Top notch my friend!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)