MFW: Emphasize the Negative & TSTR #156

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Good morning, y'all!  I hope that today finds you all doing well.  I'm nursing a sick, little girl.  Poor thing came down with a high fever yesterday am, and she's just been out for the count since.  She slept well last night, and her chatty, little self appears to be back this morning.  But her tummy continues to be unsettled.  So, I've got my work cut out for me.  Fortunately, before all that began, I created a few goodies that I can share here, beginning with this little number.
I started this card by adhering a piece of ivory, text, patterned paper to the Kraft, cardstock, card base.  I then trimmed it, near it's left side, with a die cut strip of vellum and machine stitched, with black-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges.
The negative, chipboard frame was then painted with White acrylic paint, ink distressed, and glittered, before being backed with the vintage image, which I had dressed up with some clear embossed stars and a trio of silver sequins, and adhered to the right edge of the card face.
The "Wish Big" sentiment was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a color-coordinating tag and tucked against the right edge of the prepared frame.
Finally, I created a dressy bow from white, seam binding ribbon, spritzed with Patina Glimmer Mist and water, and embellished it with a hemp twine bow and white, paper blossom.
Inspiration for this card came from the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and  The Shabby Tea Room's Week #156: Frame It.
I'm off to try to get the breakfast dishes cleaned up and start the bread-making process, but I'll be back, first thing tomorrow, with the first March challenge from Sketches in Thyme.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Kisses & Cuddles - stars (Wplus9); So Sweet of You - sentiment (Paper Sweeties) Paper: Kraft (wplus9); vellum (Paper Studio); ivory text (SU) Ink: Tea Dye, Antique Linen, & Jet Black (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scalloped Border die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzxi); Dazzling Diamonds, clear embossing powder, & embossing gun (SU); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Patina Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); white paper blossom (Prima); silver sequins (Hobby Lobby); chipboard frame (Best Occasions); teal tag (Elle's Studio); scene (Cosmo Cricket); white acrylic paint (Anita's)

21 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is just fantastic Jinny, it is so vintage looking and that image is so cute.

Debbie said...

What a vintage beauty, Jinny! I adore the glittered frame, sweet image ... and of course, the sweet sentiment from Paper Sweeties! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Lynn said...

Oh I hope Adina feels back to 100% quickly. That is no fun at all.

your card is adorable! Love the sentiment!

Charlene said...

Awwww Jinny, I hope your little on is feeling better soon!!!

I love your card, so so sweet!!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh no fun have littles that aren't well!

This is gorgeous! Love the vintage image!

Lisa said...

Jinny this is precious, love the frame! What a cute, cute image too. BIG get well wishes for Adina, hope she's her chatty self real soon ;)

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous creation! I love that bow too. Hope your little one feels better soon!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE this card!! The fun vintage feel makes me smile!! Hope your morning went well and looking forward to the post for tomorrow!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Linda Beeson said...

Your window on your card is so precious!

anya said...

Gorgeous - love the glittered chipboard frame and the vintage image. I swung by your blog because I wanted to watch your dressy bow video again - lo and behold you had it linked to your post! It was fate, I tell you! Love ya girlie, thanks!

Jennifer said...

Hope your little sweetie is feeling better!

This card is super sweet! Love how you put everything together.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope she feels better soon! I love love love your card!! BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING that little girl!!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful Jinny!! Love the peek-a-boo window and the touch of vellum! Sorry to hear your little isn't feeling well. Hope she is better soon. And have you tried contacting Silhouette about the problems cutting with your Cameo? They are usually pretty quick in responding to emails.

maria f. said...

This is wonderful Jinny. I love how the image is off-center and you can just imaging the big wish thanks to the perfectly placed bling. Then the ribbon and flower. But yet simple colors. Lovely.

Linda R said...

Your card is so cute. You framed up that sweet image so nicely. I do hope you little one is all better by now..

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card Jinny ... i love the little girl peeking out behind that frame ... So sorry your cutie pie is sick ... I hope she is better soon ...

Pam said...

Gorgeous card Jinny!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Another Jinny BEAUTY!!! LOVE that bow and flower--- gorgeous! And I LOVE the glittered frame! AND vellum over text---LOOOOOOOOOVE! LOVE it all!! GORGEOUS card!

Rebekah said...

Yet another gorgeous creation! WOW. Love everything here!
Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room:)

Jeanne J said...

This one is dreamy looking. I love the soft look and the illustration of the girl in the window - looks like a story book!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)