PageMaps Imaginisce Sketch Contest

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Sunday, y'all!  We're tucked in the warmth of our little home all safe and sound, as we've, once again, been inundated by snow.  There's about nine inches on the ground now, but it's still coming down.  And it's a super heavy, wet snow, which is good for the plants but not so much for the power lines.  We lost power for all of about 30 minutes this am.  I was shocked how quickly our power and light guy got here, but it restored itself, just a couple of minutes before he arrived.  So, now, everyone is napping, and I'm working on my baby girl's Easter dress.  But I wanted to quick pop in here, before I get back to work and just in case the power goes out again, because the deadline for this challenge is about to expire, to share a pretty, little page I made with some new goodies.  Enjoy!
I started this layout by adhering both a strip of coral, polka dot, patterned paper, as well as a bit of aqua and red, stripe, patterned paper, horizontally, across the center of the aqua, notebook, patterned, paper, base page and anchoring them both with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
I then cut the XOXO background, from aqua, diamond, patterned paper, with my Cameo and adhered it behind the photo, which was matted with Whisper White cardstock and popped up with foam tape.  A chipboard, file, folder tab was tucked under the photo's bottom left corner...
and a chipboard heart under its top right.  I then added a hand-cut, from patterned paper, tag, which was also laced with a Baker's Twine bow and dressed up with a chipboard "2", as well as a red, lace heart, which was embellished with a punched, pink, stripe heart, secured with white-threaded, straight stitches, and a cut, from patterned paper, "Special Delivery" title.
A "keep", cardstock sticker and Cameo-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, "Adore" round out the cluster.
In the top left corner of the layout, I machine stitched, with white-threaded, messy stitches, a hand-cut, from patterned paper, tag, which was filled in with "To:" BJ, Jinny, and Ezekiel, "From:" God, and given a little shine with Crystal Effects.  A vintage envelope was tucked behind it and flanked with an "I ADORE YOU", cardstock sticker; and a hand-cut, "sealed with a kiss" banner, secured with a simple, safety pin...
turns our attention to the journaling, which reads, I am so blessed to have two, happy, healthy, beautiful, little ones to love and adore.  Nothing could make me any more happy.  The right edge of the journaling was dressed with a die-cut, from patterned paper, "Handle With Care" circle; a "date:" tag, labeled with 1-wk.-old, 11.09.08; chipboard house, covered in patterned paper; and a red button, laced with white string.  A handful of red, heart sequins and kisses of glitter here and there complete the look.
Inspiration for this layout came from PageMaps' Imaginisce Sketch Contest.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  I hope you all have a warm, relaxing, blessed day and fabulous close to your weekends!  Hugs! 

{Supplies & Tools]
Paper: pink stripe (My Mind's Eye); Whisper White and all other patterned (SU) Ink: Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); "Adore" & XOXO background cut files & Cameo (Silhouette); Lacey Layers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); "To:" and "From:" tag, "sealed with a kiss" pennant, "Special Delivery" arrow, tag, red heart, "Handle With Care" circle, 1/16" Handheld Circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, & Crystal Effects (SU); "I ADORE YOU" cardstock sticker & chipboard "2" (My Mind's Eye); heart sequins, "keep" cardstock sticker, chipboard heart & file folder tab, & vintage envelope (Jenni Bowlin); safety pin & white string (Hobby Lobby); red button (Blumenthal Lansing); heart punch (EK Success); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); chipboard house (Maya Road); "date:" circle tag (Elle's Studio)

13 comments:

Lynn said...

I think the snow is coming to us next...yuck!

Fabulous layout! Can't wait to see Adina's new dress!

Melissa said...

This so dear! Love all the sweet and thoughtful touches on this page. A true keepsake!

Annette said...

Such a sweet layout..

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! I love all the little touches - that sweet little vellum envelope, the pin, all sorts of fun!

Cheryl said...

Such a cute page! I love all the pretty details.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!I loveeeeeee that sweet photo, the colors and love love love "xo's"

Lisa said...

No snow here yet but the wind sure was cold today. Glad to know you're all snuggled in safe and sound. Your page is delightful Jinny, love all of your special details and of course the cute photo!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is gorgeous Jinny!! Love the little airmail border around the edge of the page and the pretty cluster near your photo!! Hope the snow goes away for you guys soon!! We had a high of 75 today, and then it drops 20 degrees on Tuesday to 55! UGH...crazy weather!!

pysselpetra said...

Adorable page. Thanks for your comment on my blog. To answer your question: I made the title myself using the silhouette and a font called "scrap Calligraphy" (I think I purchased it through the silhouette store) and by using the "Weld" function.

Sharon Fritchey said...

I love this page, Jinny! That photo and your title say it all!!!! I love your take on the PageMaps sketch - good luck with the challenge!!!!! Your layout has so many wonderful touches and techniques - It is an amazing and happy layout!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely LO .. I love how you did it too look like a special package ... which of course is exactly what you children are ... Stay warm!

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous. I really love that pretty heart!

Tracy said...

aaacckk! Your'e killing me with those amazing Cameo cuts. They ad such wonderful touches to your gorgeous pages Jinny. Another fantastic mix of embellies! Hugs!