ScrapFriends Monthly Sketch #11 & CMS #32

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Well, hello there.  I have a sweet layout, of my little lady, to share, with you all, today; but before I get to that, I wanted to just say thank you ever so much for all your prayers for our health.  I have combed our home with Lysol and Clorox wipes, and we're doing our best to cover mouths and wash hands; but it just means so much to me to have your prayers, too.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  So, are you ready for a little creativity?  Here goes.
I started this layout by adhering a torn strip of lavender, snowflake vellum down the left edge of my textured, white, cardstock, base page and an unmodified strip down the right side.  I then trimmed the right side with a torn strip of pink, stripe, patterned paper, as well as a woodgrain, scallop strip and green, stripe, patterned, paper strip, which I also anchored with brown-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
I then white embossed a bunch of snowflakes close to the right center of the design (I wish you could see those better here.  They add so much texture, and I just love the white on white effect.) and die-cut even more from White cardstock.  The larger ones were adhered in a couple of different locations and machine stitched around with messy, white-threaded stitches.  I also dressed things up with a large, store-bought, green, crochet snowflake, before matting my photos with Whisper White cardstock and adhering them in their respective locations.  The smaller snowflakes were then glittered and adhered throughout the design.
My "snow princess" title was created from white, foam Thickers and brown letters; and a handful of buttons, anchored with white string, as well as pink pearls and bunches of white threaded, round out the bulk of the design.
Finally, a little journaling tag was topped with another, which boasts the same stars in the Mar. 1, 2012, journaling circle to the right of the photo nearest the bottom of the page above; anchored with messy, brown-threaded, machine stitches; and used to journal, All ready for dance class, watching the heavy snowflakes fall from Mommy's room.
Inspiration for this layout came from ScrapFriends' Monthly Sketch #11 and Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #32...
Okay, y'all!  You know it's coming.  It's the day after the finale of The Bachelor ;), and I've tried hard not to drag you all through my thoughts and rants throughout the season, but I can't keep quiet any more!  I'm positive that I wouldn't be putting it lightly by saying that this was the best season EVER!  I adore Sean to bits and completely respect the person he is.  This was the first season that I've been able to correctly predict who would stay and who would go.  I also couldn't be any more thrilled for his beautiful pick, Catherine.  Gosh, my heart just melted when Sean's dad told her that he, not Sean necessarily, but he would be her biggest fan.  What I wouldn't give.  Sigh.  Needless to say, there were lots of tears and smiles around here last night, and I can't wait to see what unfolds for them both.  I'll stop now ;).  Gosh, I'm hopeless, but thanks for humoring me.  LOL!
Oh!  And I'm just thrilled to share that this card is featured on the My Mind's Eye Blog TODAY!  Eeek!  What an honor!  Thank you, Stephanie!  Thank you!
And thanks so much, to you all, for peeking in!  Have a blessed Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Folk Art Flurries (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); white textured (Bazzill); snowflake vellum (Creative Memories); pink stripe & green stripe (My Mind's Eye); woodgrain scallop (Crate Paper) Ink: Black (Marvy); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white & brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Simple Snowflake & Seasonal Sentiments dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); white embossing powder (Ranger); buttons (SU); pearls (Mark Richards); journaling tags (Elle's Studio); white string (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); white foam Thickers (American Crafts); brown letters (lilybee design)

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a gorgeous LO Jinny! I just love the soft colors, and your daughter is a doll!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable! Love Adina's expressions, loving the white on white, the stitching, and that great unexpected sparkly green snowflake, what an eye you have!

Lisa said...

What a sweet sweet layout Jinny and the picture of Adina looking over her ornery little shoulder...LOVE IT!
Congrats on your card at MME too ~YAY!!

Annette said...

How cute is the little snow Princess...this is just so sweet..

Missy Whidden said...

Hey, Jinny!! Congrats on your I Spy with MME card! I absolutely LOVE it, as I do all of your work! Everything is always stunning :) And I'm a huge Bachelor fan, too! Love Sean & Catherine!

Lizzy Hill said...

Soooo glad you're finding our Scrap Friends sketches fun to use...Angela does an INCREDIBLE job...& your LO is really great, too...we only sometimes get The Bachelor here & most often on pay TV... But I've watched past series. They really get you in, eh???!!!!! And CONGRATS on MME... You're ROCKING it atm. Hope you font time to do our GD gig....love to see what you come up with:):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your lo!! Those photos are just absolutely PRECIOUS and love love love love the colors and the snowflakes!!

Lynn said...

Oh those sweet pictures of Adina melt my heart! And the layout captures her so perfectly.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what a lovely page this is ... she really is adorable ... and you capture perfect moments making precious memories with your talent ... Congrats on your card being featured!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Jinny!! Really love how you used the torn vellum and the color scheme!! And congrats on your MME feature!!

Tracy said...

I think this is one of the most beautiful layouts I've ever seen. Such a creative theme and then you add your gorgeous pics to the mix. Love this to pieces Jinny! Hugs!
P.S. Congrats on your feature at MME!