ScrapFriends Palette #11 & Inspired Blueprints Sketch #88

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Good morning, y'all!  We're back to school today.  Fortunately, Ezekiel is back in the swing of things much faster than myself ;).  I've really enjoyed the break from routine, but alas, my kiddos' education takes priority.  So, drag my feet as I may, I've pulled out the books and put cleaning and playing on hold; but before I did, I put together this fun page, boasting pics of my big kiddo, with his cousins and Grandpa, last summer.
I started this page by inking White ink, onto the green, weave, base page, through a hexagon template and tracing the edges with a black artist pen.  I then anchored a strip of orange, numbered, patterned paper, near the vertical center of the page, with black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches; added a trio of hand-cut, from patterned paper, woodgrain doilies throughout; and machine stitched, once again, but this time with black-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of the entire page. A bunch of stars were then embossed with Pool Party embossing powder, before more machine stitches anchored a yellow, textured, cardstock banner, to which I tucked in a few turquoise, polka dot bits and flanked with green buttons, laced with black, embroidery floss.
After matting my photos with Whisper White cardstock and adhering them in their present locations, I trimmed their top edge with a yellow, "wonderful" tag and hand-cut, from patterned paper, "THE journey IS HALF OF the fun" arrow.
A cluster of hexagon stickers, in both the top right and bottom left corners, hold my journaling, which reads, "TODAY WE:" helped Grandpa build our tree-house.  It was hard work, but we loved every second of it.  Can't wait for the second level to get started!  Ezekiel - 9 yrs., Hunter - 8 yrs., Grant - 6 yrs.
A seventh hexagon was adhered in the bottom center of the design and reads "Documented:" Grandma.  A little additional journaling, which includes, Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012, Emporia, Kansas, completes the story.
My "BOYS WILL BE BOYS", sticker title grounds the look and flanks a stamped, in Pool Party ink, on White cardstock and hand-cut out jar, which was wrapped with a length of hemp twine, tied in a bow, and topped with an orange, truck Feltie.  A smattering of mother of pearl sequins; yellow, enamel dots; and star, cardstock stickers, which I also glittered, finish the design.
Inspiration for this layout came from ScrapFriends' YummyScrap Colour Palette #11...

and Inspired Blueprints' Sketch #88.
I'm also turning this one in to Scrap Your Story's Challenge #4: Embossing.  Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: jar & star (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Whisper White (SU); White (Wplus9); green weave (Studio Calico); orange numbered & woodgrain doily (Crate Paper); turquoise polka dot (Jenni Bowlin); yellow banner strip (Bazzill) Ink: White (Wplus9); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell); watermark (VersaMark) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); "wonderful" tag (Elle's Studio); "THE journey IS HALF OF the fun" tag, circle cardstock stickers, Pool Party embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, & left-side green button (SU); right-side green button & "BOYS WILL BE BOYS" clear sticker (unknown); black floss (DMC); hexagon template (Jenni Bowlin); hexagon journaling bits (Jillibean Soup); mother of pearl sequins (jomil); yellow enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); truck Feltie (Sassafras)

18 comments:

Annette said...

wow now that is one cool tree house.. I bet all the boys just love it.. looks fun.. loving all the hexagons.. great layout..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors and love love love the photos and the hexagons!!

Lisa said...

Jinny I think this is one of my favorites! The colors are perfect for the theme and all of the elements are perfect for little boys!

Lynn said...

I love cousin pictures! Fabulous...love allt hexagons on the layout.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Wow oh wow! Love all the stitching and the tiny embossing, hand cutting, etc. you built into the page to make it your own. Great work and thanks for playing along this week at Scrap Your Story.

Val Thorpe said...

Lovely layout Jinny and I love the little touches of embossing. Great hexagons and I love the journalling in some of them Thanks so much for playing along at SYS.

Miriam Prantner said...

Kind of jealous of that tree house! This is such a great layout, I love the wood grain doilies and hexagons and stitching. Gorgeous!

Ashley Horton said...

This page really popped in the thumbnail Jinny!! Love the complementary colors of the Orange and Green and the use of the hexagons is so fun!

Andrea said...

So many great elements to this page!!! Thanks for playing at SYS!

Tracy said...

Another amazing layout my friend. That tree house is fantastic and you've found a perfect way to preserve the memory for Ezekiel. Glad to hear he's feeling better. Hugs!

orange gearle said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I am in love with it all. I love that stitching and all the little bits you added! Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Story!

Sanna Lippert said...

fabulous boy page! love the hexacons, too! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Multi photo + hex's....you've got me drooling!!! Great take on our colours over at SF...fab page & VERY inspirational...thanks for playing along again:):):)

Kelly said...

What an awesome tree house, and such a great memory for your son! A perfect page, as usual, Jinny :)

Cheryl said...

Great layout! (What a fab tree house too!) I love how you incorporated the hexagons.

Christy said...

Oh man...I'm a sucker for hexagons....awesomeness!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Story!!!

Vanessa said...

Wow! I'm totally loving your layout! Seriously, I love everything about it. Great job!