Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Good morning, y'all!  I hope you all don't mind my little, weekend summaries.  I enjoy sharing just a few of the things that keep us running and find them so useful, when I've completed a layout and am looking for what to write in the journaling.  Somehow, my posts give me a start into the memories I want to remember for that day.  So, before I get to our weekend photos, I wanted to share some pics of our trip to the Kansas City Zoo last week.  Ezekiel had been fever free for nearly 48 hours and wasn't going to miss it for anything.  He had a little bit of a cough (He still does.), but I figured there was no way he could possibly still be contagious.  I wasn't feeling well, which I've since learned is a combination of seasonal allergies and stress, but I still had to figure out how to entertain a four-year-old all morning.  The zoo seemed like an easier place to do so than home, so off we went.  And the animals, as well as the people, were out in full force, enjoying the warmer weather.
On Saturday, we whipped up a batch of Magic Munch in honor of Sunday's St. Patrick's Day holiday.  It's "magically delicious"!
Adina had a birthday party, for a dance friend of hers, to attend.  So, she and I put on our party shoes, while the boys went fishing.
We also went, to Joann Fabrics, to pick out fabric for her Easter dress, which I still need to start making ;).
She was pretty wiped out, when we got home.  So, off she went, to Mommy's bed, to take a little nap.  And boy, was she a booger to wake up come dinner time ;).
She had a touch of a fever again come Sunday.  Who knows?!  This stuff is kicking us in the rear!  So, I stayed home, from church, with her and Ezekiel, while my hubby went and then did a little grocery shopping for the week.  We played games, watched NASCAR, and just plain took it easy.  We've got a short, school week, for Spring Break, this week.  Normally, we'd take off this whole week; but it just wasn't a good week with a history unit exam, language test, and book report due.  So, we're keeping our ducks in a row and finishing strong.  Then, we'll have Thursday and Friday and a few days next week to enjoy a little reprieve, which, too, will give me the time I need to pull together third quarter grades.  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Have a terrific Tuesday!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What sweet pics Jinny! Sorry the kiddos can't shake the bug, hope you all get rested up and back to yourselves soon. Love the fabric for Adina's dress, can't wait to see it ;)

Lynn said...

Here's to a week with no sickness in your house! Great pictures as always Jinny!

Annette said...

aww sick again...how sad.. I hope everyone recovers fast and it stays away for good.. Great pictures..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry you all can't shake this thing :( I love love love the photos!! toooooooo precious!!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos! That look like a fabulous zoo ... hope the kiddos stay well ... can't wait to see the Easter dress

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear that you guys are still under the weather. Get lots of rest. Great zoo pics. :-) Hugs!